Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Cancun vacation

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:22 pm
Hey has anyone been to Cancun lately that can give me details. Looking to go for a few days with my dh.
What did you do about food any kosher places around?
What attractions are ther to do there?

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Oct 28 2015, 11:25 pm
I went last winter and loved it! There are two kosher resteruants one fleishig one pareve in cancun itself and a dairy one on isla mujeres which is a short ferry ride away. We did bring some yogurt and crackers etc. for breakfast and lunch and only went out to eat for dinner. There are a ton of attractions, and the hotels are very helpful with planning your day. The hotels themselves also offer a range of services such as a spa and all kinds of massages. The beach is picture perfect you can see the sand floor through the water. The pools are huge and amazing. Good luck and have fun!

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 9:55 am
I'm looking into cancun vacation. Anyone with more information? Which hotel/ resort would you recommend ? Also should we rent a car or bus/ taxi is fine?

fmt4

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 10:10 am
DH and I still dream about the trip we took to cancun a few years ago. It was HEAVEN. Stay in the Westin lagunamar, especially if you have Starwood points. It's beyond stunning, on the beach, gorgeous pools, and beautiful rooms with full kitchens. It's also across the street from a gorgeous indoor and outdoor mall with a movie theater and a boardwalk. There are two kosher restaurants and chabad will send u kosher meals to your hotel. There's also a Walmart where u can buy pasta and rice and stuff... Let me know if u need more info.

fmt4

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 10:11 am
Do not rent a car btw. Bus and taxis r fine

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 11:08 am
Thanks fmt4 for your help. I will into it and let you know if we need more help/ information.
How long is enough to stay in cancun to really enjoy the place? We are planing on going from Sunday to Sunday being shabbos in miami.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 11:31 am
Westin is sold out for Wednesday. Where else can we stay. Too tired to search now?

fmt4

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 12:00 pm
We went Sunday to Sunday and it was perfect. Hmm... There are def other nice hotels look on trip advisor. But I would suggest someone near the Westin cuz it's the best location.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 1:36 am
We are staying in a resort quite far from kosher restaurant and airport. Is it safe to drive around cancun? Do you think we can rent our own car or just take taxis?

fmt4

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 7:51 am
amother wrote:
We are staying in a resort quite far from kosher restaurant and airport. Is it safe to drive around cancun? Do you think we can rent our own car or just take taxis?

We took cabs or buses everywhere. I don't think it's safe to rent a car or drive.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 9:49 am
Thanks so much for your Information.
Hope we will have an enjoyable time and get back safe!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics