Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Has anyone used createspace.com (Amazon) to publish?

tigerwife

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 8:47 pm
I'm looking into createspace.com and it feels too good to be true. The process is streamlined and the royalties seem to be really high. Has anyone tried it?

Did you publish a novel? Children's book? With illustrations or without?
Was it difficult to get your story to look they way you wanted it? I'm especially interested in hearing about publishing with illustrations.

I'm planning on marketing on my own with social media, etc. What do I have to lose?

If you've published with a publishing house and also on your own, which way would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Laiya

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 11:15 pm
I have not published any books, but I've read up a bit on the publishing industry.

This guy has a lot to say on the topic, and I found some of it to be very eye-opening. His is a different genre than what you're looking to do, but the underlying ideas regarding self-promotion and royalties may be helpful:
http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2.....book/

Hatzlocha!

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Nov 02 2015, 11:49 pm
It's all about the marketing which is a heck of a lot harder than most people think

tigerwife

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 5:36 pm
Thanks for the resource, Laiya!

I know marketing is hard but from what I've looked into, not all publishers market your book that much either.

Anyone else have experience? I remember there was a poster who published with a Jewish publishing house and also on her own?

You can PM me as well. Thanks!

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Nov 03 2015, 5:55 pm
About 15 yrs ago, I worked for a frum book publisher. A "run" for a book was 2,000 copies. A "best-seller" would get a double run--4,000 copies. (Of which the author's royalties were in the 15% range, iirc.)

If there were other possibilities, I'd certainly explore them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club