Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shtisel - WITH spoilers :) including season 3
  Previous  1  2  3 50  51  52 75  76  77  Next

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:03 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:

As to Kive‘s appartement: In the second season the young couple is getting Bobe‘s appartement, so why is it suddenly a housing problem with a landlord and payments?

How about the fact that it seemed like that the end of season 2, it seemed like they agreed they'd get married, and now it's 6 years later and she died 8 months ago? Are we meant to assume they didn't have a baby for a good few years?

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:26 pm
Could it be that the Bobbe's apartment is where he paints? Because if you noticed, after he moved in with Shulem, he seems to go somewhere else to paint. Not sure why he doesn't live there but he had a crib there I think. Maybe it's a just a studio.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:27 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:

Confused about the funeral being in the morning and not that night, and also why Lipa isn't going.

Where do you see them showing the funeral?

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 3:33 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Could it be that the Bobbe's apartment is where he paints? Because if you noticed, after he moved in with Shulem, he seems to go somewhere else to paint. Not sure why he doesn't live there but he had a crib there I think. Maybe it's a just a studio.

I thought he goes in his room?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:35 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
How about the fact that it seemed like that the end of season 2, it seemed like they agreed they'd get married, and now it's 6 years later and she died 8 months ago? Are we meant to assume they didn't have a baby for a good few years?

It's 5 years later, her death has nothing to do with when the baby was born.
Let's say the baby was born 15 months ago, that means she got pregnant 24 months ago which is 2 years. They might have had a long engagement which is typical of chassidish families, I don't know about Yerushalmi ones. So yes they might have had 2 or so years after marriage before she got pregnant, but that's not that rare.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 4:59 pm
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
Where do you see them showing the funeral?
They dont, but Giti tells Yossele that the funeral will be in the morning.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:01 pm
Let's say the baby was born 15 months ago, that means she got pregnant 24 months ago which is 2 years. They might have had a long engagement which is typical of chassidish families, I don't know about Yerushalmi ones. So yes they might have had 2 or so years after marriage before she got pregnant, but that's not that rare.
Interesting. In the first episode said sh died 8 months prior. The baby does not look older than a year, maybe just slightly, but 15 months?
Alsoo, they are not chassidish, they are yerushalmi charedi.

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:44 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I saw two questions from another group:
During the chuppa we hear that Shulem is actually Yosef Shulem. OK.
So how is it possible that his grandson is named Yossele?

As to Kive‘s appartement: In the second season the young couple is getting Bobe‘s appartement, so why is it suddenly a housing problem with a landlord and payments?

Just curious- what other group is there that discusses the show? (I don't have FB so hopefully it's on that).
I don't like getting into the minutiae of every religious detail on the show, but why can't Yossele be named after a different family member with the name Yosef(from his father's side)?

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:46 pm

I think we can infer from the episode of Elisheva and Akiva's "engagement" that a typical engagement in this community is around 6 months. Remember he told her that it's worth getting engaged because it will give them 6 months.
Then later, at the l'chaim, both fathers talk about making the wedding sooner than 6 months. And you can see Akiva struggling with that.
I think we can assume they got married almost 5 years ago. And I also thought it was a bit strange that they only have one kid, and she is so young. It is kind of rare to have two years without getting pregnant. Most people get pregnant within the first 6 months, and the rest, within the year. (Assuming they were trying.) (The producers probably didn't want to deal with more kids so they just had them have one, and left it up to us to speculate....)

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:54 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
But that was not what they were delivering. You could see bills being put into the mail boxes.
So, no, there is no regular mail, charedi postal service Smile

I didn't notice bills.
But I remember from my Israel days that there were all these circulars that were stuffed on the mailbox, a few times a week. Ads and such. Maybe that's what they need heimish post for...they are time sensitive.
I have another question: the man on the phone told Ruchami to come to 28 Tzefania to get the mail in the evening. Then she would have to deliver it in the morning. Assuming Chanina had to do the same, how did they both manage to hide their bags from each other in that tiny apartment? Especially Chanina- kind of hard to walk onto your apartment with a bulging bag of mail when you know your wife is waiting for you... Rolling Eyes

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:56 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:

Where have you seen that he goes somewhere else to paint? I think he was painting in Shulem's apartment, while the baby was watching him.
Also, the drawing of Nuchem on the couch was certainly done in Shulem's house.
I think we should write the producers a letter and ask what happened to Bobbe's apartment. Rolling Eyes

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 5:59 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Just curious- what other group is there that discusses the show? (I don't have FB so hopefully it's on that).
I don't like getting into the minutiae of every religious detail on the show, but why can't Yossele be named after a different family member with the name Yosef(from his father's side)?

Its not done by Ashkenazim.
If you have two grandfathers with the same name, you cannot name after one if the other grandfather with that name is still alive. This is a very glaring error.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:05 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
yes FB

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:18 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Its not done by Ashkenazim.
If you have two grandfathers with the same name, you cannot name after one if the other grandfather with that name is still alive. This is a very glaring error.

Oh ok. thanks. I didn't know that. What if it's in memory of a different relative with the same name? Like if Yosele's uncle from his father's side was also named Yosef and Yosele was named specifically after him.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:41 pm
Quote:
What if it's in memory of a different relative with the same name? Like if Yosele's uncle from his father's side was also named Yosef and Yosele was named specifically after him.
Absolutely not. Considered dangerous! Although sometimes it happens by accident e.g. a parent or grandparent had a middle name that people weren't aware of. I know a case like this where they called by other name & never used the living grandparent's name.

Sometimes they'll come up with s/t creative like something that evokes the person they want to name for.

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 6:49 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
Oh ok. thanks. I didn't know that. What if it's in memory of a different relative with the same name? Like if Yosele's uncle from his father's side was also named Yosef and Yosele was named specifically after him.

It wouldn't matter who you want to name after. If there is a living grandparent with that name, it is not given

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Jan 19 2021, 10:48 pm
Can anyone explain to me how Yossela managed to find Shira Levi's number? It looked like he was going through the phonebook, but he wasn't looking through "Levi". Then he found her number scribbled at the top of the page. I'm confused about what happened.
Furthermore we dont know how he ever learned her last name, because remember, Lipa never admitted to finding her. His parents maintained that they had no idea who she was.
Any thoughts?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:40 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Interesting. In the first episode said sh died 8 months prior. The baby does not look older than a year, maybe just slightly, but 15 months?
Alsoo, they are not chassidish, they are yerushalmi charedi.

I know there not chassidish, that's why I wrote that I don't know what it is among Yerushalmim.

In the trailers, the actors said she's about a year and a half. They messed up with the baby actress, so I compromised and decided maybe the baby is only supposed to be 1.25 instead...

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:42 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Can anyone explain to me how Yossela managed to find Shira Levi's number? It looked like he was going through the phonebook, but he wasn't looking through "Levi". Then he found her number scribbled at the top of the page. I'm confused about what happened.
Furthermore we dont know how he ever learned her last name, because remember, Lipa never admitted to finding her. His parents maintained that they had no idea who she was.
Any thoughts?

Shira told him that his parents lied and they did find out and called it off because of who she is at the kotel scene. I think he was looking in the phone book to find the number himself (because really how many Levis can there be?) And saw his father added it himself.
But the page didn't look alphabetic at all!

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jan 20 2021, 4:44 am
I know there not chassidish, that's why I wrote that I don't know what it is among Yerushalmim.

In the trailers, the actors said she's about a year and a half. They messed up with the baby actress, so I compromised and decided maybe the baby is only supposed to be 1.25 instead...
Oh, I dont remember that from the trailer, about the baby's age.
Page 51 of 77   Previous  1  2  3 50  51  52 75  76  77  Next Recent Topics