Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shtisel - WITH spoilers :) including season 3
  Previous  1  2  3 47  48  49 75  76  77  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 4:31 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
when is episode 5 coming out?

It came out. It’s on telegram. This is the link: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAFJ2Eir_M9dfcvVPFw

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:04 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
It came out. It’s on telegram. This is the link: https://t.me/joinchat/AAAAAFJ2Eir_M9dfcvVPFw

anyone beside me seen it? need to discuss it asap 😊

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:27 pm
I just watched it. Best episode of the season! Lipa was great.
Is there really such a thing as a haredi postal system? Also, what does "shteig" mean? They had a Hebrew translation for the word, but it was too quick for me to get.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:48 pm
Shteig means to learn Torah very seriously and intensely.
I didn't enjoy the episode so much

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:54 pm
Was anyone in the US able to figure out how to watch Shtisel legally? I don't mind paying but I can't figure out how...
I didn't realize that Sdarot was sharing content illegally and I would love to watch the next episode.

Mermaidinexile

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 5:55 pm
Omg just watched episode 5. Wow....best so far. Who else watched??? We need to discuss this

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:04 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Shteig means to learn Torah very seriously and intensely.
I didn't enjoy the episode so much

me neither, worst episode so far... that‘s not the Stissel as we know it! Also missed seeing Shulem 🙁

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:09 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Was anyone in the US able to figure out how to watch Shtisel legally? I don't mind paying but I can't figure out how...
I didn't realize that Sdarot was sharing content illegally and I would love to watch the next episode.

Same here I watched it on telegram but I would prefer a legal alternative if anyone knows of one

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:09 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
me neither, worst episode so far... that‘s not the Stissel as we know it! Also missed seeing Shulem 🙁

I missed akiva

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:11 pm
I was laughing when malki told libi that she hope's she will soon get a get from her husband.

TBT

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:16 pm
This link doesnt work for me.
Does anyone have another please?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 6:18 pm
four episodes left so far... it‘s almost too much if you think how fast everything is going. Ruchami is already pregnant, Jossele decided and so on

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:10 pm
I just watched it.
You're right that its not a typical episode. I think it's because there was literally no humor in it. Most of the humor comes from Shulem. And Nuchem. This episode was all drama.

Rainbow Dash, I was NOT laughing when Malky told Gitti that maybe one day she will be free. It was such a rude thing to say. I dont like Malky at all. Not the character or the actress. She is totally out of line.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:18 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I just watched it. Best episode of the season! Lipa was great.
Is there really such a thing as a haredi postal system? Also, what does "shteig" mean? They had a Hebrew translation for the word, but it was too quick for me to get.

I agree Lipa was great! I felt for him when he lost it with Gitti and accused her of always being negative.
The thing is that Gitti is right that Lipa is always pushing boundaries, thinking out of the box and she so desperately wants to be in the box. And Lipa is right that she never even gives him a chance. But really, Gitti is wrong for not even hearing him out. At least Lipa tries to make bridges, tries to explain. She shuts him down before he can even start. It's almost like she is the authority and Lipa Is the little boy who needs her permission.
It was a sad situation, where there could be no winners. The shidduch already happened, and suddenly one side can't fulfill their side of the agreement. So what is the other side supposed to do?
Mrs Levinson should have reached out to gemachim or other askanim.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 9:22 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
four episodes left so far... it‘s almost too much if you think how fast everything is going. Ruchami is already pregnant, Jossele decided and so on

What do you think Yossela decided? Do you think that by letting the fly escape, it signified that he was letting Shira Levi go? He knows there's no way he could break the shidduch now that Shira Levinson's father was niftar.

When Ruchami told the man at the post office that her name was Tonik and he said, haven't I spoken to you, I figured that Chanina also took the same job. Good for Chanina for showing responsibility..

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:08 pm
Yes, I also guessed Chanina had called. I'm happy Ruchami is pleased with that. I think they have so much in common and are just afraid to let the other down. He pretends he's learning in the morning to make her happy, but she's also glad he's taking this job to be able to continue his kollel...
She wasn't speaking about Torah, though, in her passionate speech about being moser nefesh for something that is so important that without it there's no point to living. That scares me.

I'm not sure how she'll pull off the pregnancy. The timing also isn't exact to pretend it's a surrogate and it's hard to hide actual body changes...

I missed Kive and how his relationship with Racheli develops plus Shulem/Dova'le is one of the highlights and I can't imagine there was an episode without him, even as a supporting actor!

The talk about gittin by the father's bedside I'm afraid might foreshadow the relationship with Shira Levinson. Though it did come into play with Malki and her quick get.

I'm glad Gitti finally decided to support her husband and he aired his true feelings. I've always liked Lipa, true heart of gold, even with the Levinsons not paying their share.

Confused about the funeral being in the morning and not that night, and also why Lipa isn't going.
Not sure where all the hipsters got hats and payos from, makes no sense. Also I think there were actually frum extras on the bus because in the back you see a guy with barely a beard, he looked authentic. An extra to play an extra, lol

Wondering if there was some trauma that is causing Shira Levi to research that and also plays into her fear.

I really don't get how Yossele, a top yeshiva bochur, is acting like this, spending a day with a girl he likes when he's engaged! I'm thinking he has to go through with the wedding and he's more upset about that than the petira.

So many thoughts on this episode but the only really moving part for me was the end when Ruchami catches Chanina.

Lots of relationships strengthening in this episode...

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 10:58 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Yes, I also guessed Chanina had called. I'm happy Ruchami is pleased with that. I think they have so much in common and are just afraid to let the other down. He pretends he's learning in the morning to make her happy, but she's also glad he's taking this job to be able to continue his kollel...
She wasn't speaking about Torah, though, in her passionate speech about being moser nefesh for something that is so important that without it there's no point to living. That scares me.

I'm not sure how she'll pull off the pregnancy. The timing also isn't exact to pretend it's a surrogate and it's hard to hide actual body changes...

I missed Kive and how his relationship with Racheli develops plus Shulem/Dova'le is one of the highlights and I can't imagine there was an episode without him, even as a supporting actor!

The talk about gittin by the father's bedside I'm afraid might foreshadow the relationship with Shira Levinson. Though it did come into play with Malki and her quick get.

I'm glad Gitti finally decided to support her husband and he aired his true feelings. I've always liked Lipa, true heart of gold, even with the Levinsons not paying their share.

Confused about the funeral being in the morning and not that night, and also why Lipa isn't going.
Not sure where all the hipsters got hats and payos from, makes no sense. Also I think there were actually frum extras on the bus because in the back you see a guy with barely a beard, he looked authentic. An extra to play an extra, lol

Wondering if there was some trauma that is causing Shira Levi to research that and also plays into her fear.

I really don't get how Yossele, a top yeshiva bochur, is acting like this, spending a day with a girl he likes when he's engaged! I'm thinking he has to go through with the wedding and he's more upset about that than the petira.

So many thoughts on this episode but the only really moving part for me was the end when Ruchami catches Chanina.

Lots of relationships strengthening in this episode...

I liked all your observations, amother Coffee. I hadn't caught that part about Ruchami saying that you have to be moser nefesh for that which is important to you, but you're absolutely right.
I actually got the feeling that she is faking, just trying to speak in Chanina's language because she was hoping to make him feel so grateful that he will get into bed with her, which he did. I think she knew that was the night she was ovulating and she had to get pregnant. So she just told him what he wanted to hear so that she will get what she wants.
I think maybe that while Ruchami is proud of Chanina and his learning, deep down she resents it. She resents that Chanina has fulfillment in his life, that he has something that he is connected to, while she has nothing. And she resents that she is basically an afterthought. Chanina is ready to give up his salary for his learning. While she wants to support it, she is also hurt that he isn't worrying about her. At least she should have a baby, so that she could also have something meaningful in her life. So she pretends to care about his "shteigen" and manages to get him into bed so that she could get pregnant. (This also indicates a lack of being open with each other. She couldn't ask him outright to be with her.)

You're right that it's a mistake that they pushed off the wedding to the morning. Unless..maybe the hospital wasn't in Yerushalayim? Also, I think that Lipa told the hipsters to meet him in the morning, and he got them the costumes and probably helped them make payos. I agree that it makes no sense, because where would he have gotten the clothes from?
Regarding the frum extras, remember he told Gitti that he did manage to get a few legitamtate people to agree that they would come.
Not sure why it was that hard to get people to come. It's the type that Lipa should know people who look and dress the part but who are actually not doing anything all day and wouldn't mind doing such a gig. Putting up signs about the movie in Meah Shearim was the height of stupidity. This should have been word of mouth, only to people who would actually be interested

Can you explain what you meant about Shira Levenson researching insects that plays into her fear? She said they are her best friends.

I agree that it wasnt appropriate for Yossela to spend the day with Shira Levi. Supposedly he needed to meet her face to face to check if she also still had feelings for him.
She confirms that she can't get him out of her mind. They both can't help but continue to spend time together.
Honestly, Shira Levi seemed much more normal in the episode than she did in the first few where she was stalking him. You can see that they are both kind of off the beaten track, whereas Shira Levinson is just a cookie cutter type. Remember the episode in season 2 where Yossela had a dog? He is not really your typical yeshiva bachur. That is why he is attracted to Shira Levi, who is also a bit strange.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:06 pm
Yes, I keep on remembering his affinity to the dog and how it fits, but still...

In regards to the insects, she is studying gene mutations involving trauma or something that is inherited.

I wonder why Farshluffen wasn't called to be an extra.

I'm not so sure that Ruchami was ovulating then and got pregnant with signs so quickly. It seems that the morning after that meeting of minds shall we say, she found the job, and the next morning she started it, and that was the day she had morning sickness.
I don't think it was a ruse to get Chanina to impregnate her.

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:21 pm
Curious about Shira helping her father with the תפילן are women allowed to help with putting them on

The one time my DH needed help. He had other men help him. Not that I would have mown how to wrap them

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:22 pm
I thought of the timing, but we dont know for sure that the day she met Chanina delivering mail was her first day on the job. It could have been 2 weeks later.
If they weren't trying to hint that Chanina imregnated her, why show that part of him getting into bed with her? I think the producers were trying to show that it was going to happen, and to me it's a logical assumption that she had to make it happen somehow. If Ruchami wanted a baby that badly, she would have been tracking her cycle to figure out when she was ovulating.

I thought it was very poetic that Yossela is sitting on his bed and releasing the fly, and as we watch the insect fly away, we see Ruchami on the street with her postal bag. That was very well done.
Page 48 of 77   Previous  1  2  3 47  48  49 75  76  77  Next Recent Topics