Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shtisel - WITH spoilers :) including season 3
  Previous  1  2  3 48  49  50 75  76  77  Next

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jan 17 2021, 11:26 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Curious about Shira helping her father with the תפילן are women allowed to help with putting them on

The one time my DH needed help. He had other men help him. Not that I would have mown how to wrap them

I dont know if a woman is not allowed to help. Interesting question.
I noticed that she didn't wash her father's hands before putting on the tefilin. He had just woken up, so she should've washed his hands.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:30 am
Is the fly that yossele releases, the gift that his kallah gave him that he pushed off opening? Or is it from shira Levy? Anyone know?

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:46 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Is the fly that yossele releases, the gift that his kallah gave him that he pushed off opening? Or is it from shira Levy? Anyone know?

It can't be from his kallah, why would she give him such a weird gift? I'm still wondering what the gift was though
But the fly didn't look like the flies Shira Levi showed him in the lab.

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 1:48 am
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
It can't be from his kallah, why would she give him such a weird gift? I'm still wondering what the gift was though
But the fly didn't look like the flies Shira Levi showed him in the lab.

Yossele sent his kallah a book about insects, so she knows that he has an interest in them Smile

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 4:33 am
The tube was too large for that box, and there's no way Shira Levinson would have thought that's a gift.

It was a house fly, not a fruit fly. I think he trapped it himself to look at/admire since he said he's going to start being interested in flies.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 6:11 am
anyone have a google drive link or can upload to this link please?

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/.....40973

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:06 am
Link anyone?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:17 am
Funny how Gitty tells Yossela, "in our home there is no such thing as breaking a shidduch, I dont even known from whom you could have learned this!"
Her own brother had two broken engagements (and possibly three since he temporarily broke off with Libby) and her father also broke off with Menucha.
I think Yossela's dilemma is very well played. The father and mother start to argue about the best way to handle it. The mother becomes a bit crazy and overreacts because of her fear that the house of cards she is so desperately trying to build will come crashing down. The father tries to handle his son, while simultaneously trying to stop his wife from making it worse, and they end up arguing in front of their son instead of showing a unified front. This is so hard and so realistic. Sad

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:18 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Link anyone?

The telegram link worked for me. See above, on previous page.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:18 am
I found myself screaming "NOOOO!!" multiple times during this episode. I understand this is a soap opera, but why does everybody make such stupid decisions???

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:25 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I just watched it. Best episode of the season! Lipa was great.
Is there really such a thing as a haredi postal system? Also, what does "shteig" mean? They had a Hebrew translation for the word, but it was too quick for me to get.
No, I am sure there is no such thing as a charedi postal service. That actually made me laugh.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:31 am
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Curious about Shira helping her father with the תפילן are women allowed to help with putting them on

The one time my DH needed help. He had other men help him. Not that I would have mown how to wrap them
Why would a woman not be allowed to help put on tefilin?
Technically if a female wanted to put tefilin on she could as well, but what could possibly be wrong with helping someone put it on?

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:34 am
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Link anyone?

http://www.upfile.co.il/file/7.....z_nRg

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 10:37 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
The tube was too large for that box, and there's no way Shira Levinson would have thought that's a gift.

It was a house fly, not a fruit fly. I think he trapped it himself to look at/admire since he said he's going to start being interested in flies.

So I thought it's from his kallah, and him letting the fly go symbolizes his decision to break the engagement.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:00 am
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
So I thought it's from his kallah, and him letting the fly go symbolizes his decision to break the engagement.

I think its not likely that he got it from his kallah. Realize that Shira Levinson knows nothing about flies. How could she send him a tube? It's not like someone saying I'm into cufflinks, so you buy him cufflinks. This is a completely foreign subject to her. She wouldn't even know where to start.
But even more so, I think Yossela releasing the fly symbolizes his letting go of Shira Levi because of the juxtaposition of that scene which comes immediately after learning that his Kalla's father died. He realizes that there is no way that he could break it off now.. it would just be too cruel. So he lets the fly out saying goodbye to that dream of having Shira Levi.
But I'm not sure because he seemed to have a small smile on his lips as he was letting the fly do. He should have had a sad look if he was letting go of Shira Levi.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:08 am

Confused about the funeral being in the morning and not that night, and also why Lipa isn't going.

So I just rewatched that part. It seems that Reb Sender died in the evening, not by day.
I am not sure about the halacha but I assumed that if the person died by day, then they are supposed to have the funeral that same day. But if he died after nightfall, then the funeral is the next day.
Can anyone verify?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:14 am
Minhag Yerushalayim is to bury even late at night.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 11:39 am
Minhag Yerushalayim is to bury even late at night.
not just in yerushaliyim. Many times in isrsel in general. I also wondered.

heidi

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:05 pm
Hands down best episode of the season.
I loved the O'Henry twist even though they gave it away.
Poor Lipa. No wonder he strayed. He really is locked into being the mischievous boy.
I totally thought the fly was from Shira Levy and Yossele releasing it was a sign he had to break free.
Weird that Gittty is so uptight. The Levinsons not honoring their part of the deal is a totally legitimate shidduch breaker in that world. So she could totally get Yossele off the hook. But then again, heaven forfend he should marry a Sephardi.
This episode reminded me why I fell in love with the show. First episode this season I didn't feel depressed after watching.

Last edited by heidi on Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

WitchKitty

Post Mon, Jan 18 2021, 12:06 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
No, I am sure there is no such thing as a charedi postal service. That actually made me laugh.

There actually are several.
Since the post office is really slow, when sending out invitations we prefer to use a private company. They are cheaper and (about 2 weeks) faster than the regular post office.
Page 49 of 77   Previous  1  2  3 48  49  50 75  76  77  Next Recent Topics