Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bar mitzva and conecert the same night
1  2  Next

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 2:47 am
this is nuts, I have a cousin's bar mitzva and a shwekey concert that me and my sil wanted to go to both on the same night... what do I do, we don't really want to miss the concert either. any ideas?? also it's in the same town ie in yerushalayim.

ps I'm glad it's not on the night of miami.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 3:02 am
Anon because I don't want you to take this in a negative way...
But Rolling Eyes . Its a stupid concert.
Vs. a bar mitzva.
Obviously go to the bar mitzva and forget about the silly concert. Even if it IS your favorite singer.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 5:57 am
Hey, it will be cheaper to go to the concert. After missing thier son's bar mitzva for a concert, I'm sure your relatives will not bother turning up for your kids simchos.

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 6:28 am
if you donn't mind it's a come and go. and thyere is no reason why you need to downplay concerts when that is also important for me and my sil. I don't have much of a social life and when something like this comes it's very important to me. and don't think that I don't know the anon mother who you are that down played me, you've done it to me before as well.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 7:35 am
miriamnechama wrote:
and don't think that I don't know the anon mother who you are that down played me, you've done it to me before as well.

I'm sorry, but I have not. I like you and I always write good things about/to you, however, this just seemed like such a silly question that it was beyond my comprehension that someone would pick a concert over a family simcha.
I never down played you before.
And if you're absolutely positive you know who I am regardless, send me a pm.
I just hope it doesnt go to the wrong person and they get majorly offended for being accused of doing something they never did.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 7:53 am
amother wrote:
miriamnechama wrote:
and don't think that I don't know the anon mother who you are that down played me, you've done it to me before as well.

I'm sorry, but I have not. I like you and I always write good things about/to you, however, this just seemed like such a silly question that it was beyond my comprehension that someone would pick a concert over a family simcha.
I just hope it doesnt go to the wrong person and they get majorly offended for being accused of doing something they never did.

How did you guess? I got the pm, but it wasn't me who wrote it...

amother

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 8:10 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
miriamnechama wrote:

How did you guess? I got the pm, but it wasn't me who wrote it...
Oysh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt anyone, more like trying to show why its important to be dan likaf zechus...

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 8:10 am
amother wrote:
miriamnechama wrote:

leave it if you want pm me, I'm just annoyed that someone downplayed me inanother forum and basically neveer respects what I write.

Mevater

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 9:30 am
Raisin wrote:
Hey, it will be cheaper to go to the concert. After missing thier son's bar mitzva for a concert, I'm sure your relatives will not bother turning up for your kids simchos.
Rolling Laughter

greenfire

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 9:55 am
yeah - I don't think there is much of a toss up here either - the bar mitzva ... you live once ... enjoy the family and buy the cd ... go to another concert another day ...

ChavieK

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 12:13 pm
Your family ,especially if they live near you,is a big part of your social life. Don't alienate them.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 12:19 pm
You might think some people are being rude or downplaying what you wrote, as you said, but honestly, I think we are all surprised that you asked the question.

shopaholic

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 12:19 pm
You might think some people are being rude or downplaying what you wrote, as you said, but honestly, I think we are all surprised that you asked the question.

TzenaRena

Post Thu, Jul 12 2007, 12:20 pm
The Bar Mitavah, of course. I've missed events that I was so looking forward to for a good friend's son's Bar Mitzvah. It's just what has to be done. Once you've gone, you will know that you made the right decision, and not feel one bit bad about it.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:46 am
ok now come to think of it, first I'll have to see how eveery thing works out because it's also a thursday, and I generally donot like to go out thursday night, especially with the boys. I'll play it by ear and see what happens, chances are that I'll only just make the bar mitzva nad not for long because iu'll be too tired. it's a come and go. My fav concert is 3 days later nad nothing that evening)

I dpn't always shlep out for bar mitvas even for familly and familly is always understanding. they know that it is hard babysitting, kids etc. usually I try to go for the weddings instead.

it's kinda funny my foster father remarried and his wifes children live in israel so every simcha by them she expects me to come, well there I have no choice. it's nice though sharing simchas between fam like that. and there is one coming up now after rh when dh wil be coming back fromuman with ds but'll I'm still gonna go, she expects me I have to. even though it's 1 1/2 hour bus ride from me. well it's important for her.

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 3:18 am
Unless Shweky is having a concert on Shabbat, why not make the effort to go to shul when he has his Aliyah l'Torah and then you can skip on the Seudat Mitzvah during the week.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 6:10 am
right some how I don't thinkso it's also my birthday that shabbos and woiuyld rather be by my inlaws. of course he is not playing on shabbos!!. I'll just play itby ear because it involves the boys and sometimes withthem it can take me longer to get out than expected!!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 12:34 pm
Didn't you say on another post that you don't understand why pple don't invite kids? Now you're saying that the simchas aren't even so important toyou. You should skip simchas altoghther as they seem to be one gigantic pain for you.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:38 pm
I never said tha it is a pain for me. what I asked inanother post has nothing to do with this one. and I'm allowed to choose where I want o be for my birthday. bh my famis very easy going.

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Aug 02 2007, 11:53 pm
hey everone... the bar Mitzva was last night, well I was running soo late that I never made it to theconcert, so I heard from my sil about it... 16,000 people were there.

it was kinda crazy with the kids, but we had a good time. also I kinda got freeked waiting by the bus stop was some kinda suspicious guy... I ran from there!

all in all had a good time and so did the kids!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics