Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
I don't like other people's kids

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 6:00 pm
Anyone else like this? I really can't stand being around other people's kids. This is really affecting me because my kids are getting to the age of wanting to have play dates, and the few that have happened at my place, well, I was going out of my mind the entire time and couldn't wait for it to be over. It's not that I think my own children are perfect and all the others are brats. My kids are normal kids who sometimes misbehave or get annoying, but I can manage it. They're mine, I feel comfortable in dealing with whatever happens, even if it's something negative. But coming from another child, it just puts me on edge and makes me want to just run away. The other issue is I can never babysit for extra cash or trade childcare favors with others because I really just can't deal with another person's kids. Does anyone else get it?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 6:10 pm
Totally get it. Totally feel the same way. I am having a very hard time just managing carpool because of it. Let alone play dates.
With the exception of a few good friends' kids, who I just really love because they're my friends' and because they happen to be exceptionally great kids, I just can't stand children other than my own.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 6:29 pm
I can also relate. I do think it depends on the other kid though some are definitely a lot easier then others....

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 7:53 pm
I'm the same way. Before I had them I actually was worried that I wouldn't love my own children because I just just didn't like kids. I wasn't one of those little girls who dreamed of becoming a Mommy. With my own kids b"h the maternal feelings kicked in but other kids... meh.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 7:58 pm
I can't thank you enough for posting. I go bonkers when I see other kids acting out. You can't discipline a child who has never been told the word no.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 9:39 pm
I have the exact same problem. I am going away on vacation and I don't have where to leave my youngest. I would never ask any of my sil's for one reason. I don't want to take their kids when they go away. I would rather pay for a sitter than take a favor that I have to repay.

I always say, if I wanted to take care of more kids, I would have had more of my own.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics