Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
What age night train?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 1:21 pm
What age are kids able to make it through the night?

srbmom

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 2:57 pm
I think this completely depends on the kid. My DS was trained at 4 and my DD trained the same time as when she was potty trained at age 2-1/2. They both trained themself

happymummy

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 3:21 pm
My DS is 3and a half and no where near ready! DS1 was just over 3 and DD was 2. Depends on the child

chany-frum

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 3:53 pm
Depends in the child
my DS over 4 and still not trained for the night
DS 2.5 and just finished training, and he is trained for the night bh

cnc

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 3:55 pm
One of my childrwn was trained at 2 and 2 months, the same time that they were day trained.
Another child was not night trained until age 6.5. We went to a urologist and followed specific exercises that we were given. It took just a couple of weeks.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 3:57 pm
Dd1 age 3 fully dry at night, some day accidents.
Dd2 trained herself at 2 1/4 still not dry at night at 5 1/2
Ds1 trained at 3 1/4, almost 4 and still not dry at night.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 4:40 pm
You can't really "train" for night, because they are sleeping. Training is something done while they are conscious and can make a decision to use the bathroom. At night, it's just a matter of the muscles being strong enough to send a signal to the child's brain that will wake them up and tell them they need to use the bathroom.

DD was day trained at just before 3, and she would wake up once a night, not fully awake, but kinda fussy. She would fuss until I woke up, and I would put her on the toilet. She'd make, and then I'd put her back in bed. I don't think she ever fully woke up. We did that for several months, and eventually she'd sleep through the whole night and wake up dry.

miami85

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 4:50 pm
How do you train a kid to wake up at night? My almost 5 y/o used to stay dry, but recently more often than not, he's waking up soaked--and he goes right before bed (often twice) and wakes up with a full bladder and runs to the bathroom around 7am. We've also tried limiting drinks before bed also.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 4:56 pm
Depends on the child. Mine was closer to eight. After age seven, a bed wetting alarm is very helpful for night training. Most get the hang of it sooner on their own.

nyer1

Post Sun, Dec 13 2015, 6:50 pm
my 3.5 year old recently just did it on his own! we noticed his diaper was dry for a few days, so we went to underwear and so far no accidents BH. we try to limit liquids toward the evening
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training