Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Moving beds
1  2  Next

Seraph

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 5:19 am
If you and your husband were a guest somewhere and they had beds placed on opposite ends of the room with a nightstand in between, and you generally sleep right next to your husband when not in nidda (to the point that its hard for you to sleep when he's not near you), would you move the beds together for while you're there?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 5:27 am
DH and I spent Shabbos somewhere with the set-up you described. We decided to cuddle in the same bed before falling asleep, and then move to seperate beds to sleep. We ended up falling asleep together, squeezed onto a twin size bed.

Seraph

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 5:28 am
These were israeli sized beds- one person could barely fit on them, let alone two...

purplegirl

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 6:16 am
Sure. We move them together to sleep, then separate them again in the morning.

That's what I hope my guests are doing, too. I set up the beds with a chair in between, because it's more tznius that way, but I expect them to rearrange as they feel comfortable.

Pickle Lady

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 6:40 am
I am usually so happy to be sleeping. 2 inches closer or 4 feet closer doesn't make a difference to me.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 9:21 am
When we go away to s/o, we move the beds closer together. Then in the morning I separate them. DH doesn't see why I move them back. He says "let them see that we have a good relationship, who cares!"
But I always move them back after.
And I also place a foldable table between the 2 beds in the guestroom, so that it can easily be moved, and I hope they do if they want to sleep closer.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 9:26 am
It depends how loud it is when moving them! Tongue Out

greenfire

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 9:32 am
Mimisinger wrote:

yes - now imagine how embarrassed that would be if the whole house heard you move em ...

btw - I never moved a bed in my life - so sorry for those of you offended by me answering ... Twisted Evil

chen

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 9:34 am
I do not rearrange my hosts' furniture, nor do I expect my guests to rearrange mine. I'm a guest, not a tenant.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 10:12 am
It only happened when we visited my parents and we takeh moved the beds each time, but they never liked it . . . said we made the place look like a furniture store.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 10:34 am
greenfire wrote:
Mimisinger wrote:

yes - now imagine how embarrassed that would be if the whole house heard you move em ...

btw - I never moved a bed in my life - so sorry for those of you offended by me answering ... Twisted Evil

LOL Green Very Happy

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 10:36 am
Quote:
(to the point that its hard for you to sleep when he's not near you),

So during niddah you dont sleep?? Confused

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 11:18 am
I always make sure to tell any guests that come to make themselves at home and they can do whatever they need to make the room mroe comfortable.

peach

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 12:16 pm
We either sleep in the same bed or move the beds together. But we only move the beds in my parents or in-laws house.

ChavieK

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 12:39 pm
I know it's shana rishona but you'll get used to sleeping 2 feet away from dh when you are at s/o house. It's not so bad. Just that I have to get out of bed to wake him up,or throw s/t at him LOL

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:28 pm
I'm married over 5 yrs b''h and still have a hard time sleeping when not next to dh so yeah during niddah its tough, when we are guest I usually don't move beds just double up till one of us wake up uncomfortable and move lol.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:51 pm
my husband CAN't fall sleep next to someone (me, of course) but we do move the beds when we're a guest (when we can and want to).

I have a guest room where the beds can not be rearranged, and the beds are in a L shape. Would any of you be offended if you were given my guest room to sleep in?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 1:51 pm
right after we got married, our apartment was not ready yet so we slept at someone elses house for three weeks and the room was situated that there was a big table between the two beds so what we did was usually we did the cozy thing till one of us had to move to our bed and then went to sleep.
we did not rearange the furniture. I would have felt weirddoing that.

I have also never moved a bed when I have been a guest so that the beds are near eachother, I never even thought of that.

at home our beds are near eachother.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 4:57 pm
I have never moved anyone else's furniture, it seems weird. we have doubled up though.

GAMZu

Post Mon, Jul 16 2007, 10:38 pm
It's weird to rearrange someone else's furniture IMO.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics