Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Did your parents discuss finances and budgeting with you?
Previous  1  2

Did your parents discuss finances and budgeting with you?
Yes - somewhat  
 25%  [ 17 ]
Yes - fully  
 5%  [ 4 ]
No  
 40%  [ 27 ]
No - but I saw them budgeting  
 22%  [ 15 ]
Other  
 5%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 67

SRS

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 10:36 am
saw50st8 wrote:
SRS, what did you do during the summers?

Cleaned the house, enjoyed reading books, went to summer school sometimes, worked out intensely, rode my bike, practiced my instrument. . oh, I did work for the family business as I got older, but there wasn't that many hours I could pitch in. I remember I had to repay my parents for something I broke and it took a lot of the summer since I wasn't being paid mini-wage in a family biz (and mini-wage was something like $3.75 anyways). And ppl who had jobs worked during the school year and increased hours during the summer. There was nothing seasonal except swimming/lifeguarding. There wasn't much babysitting to be had. . depressed economy and people left their young children home alone much younger than is legal today. Even my friends that babysit could not have made much money. The times I babysit, it was never more than a few dollars pay. So I read, studied, got in shape, learned some skills. And we had a very clean house by the end of summer.

Not sure why everyone feels summer is dead time. If you play an instrument, clean house, work out, read books, you can easily have 8 hours sucked up right htere.

(Also we used to take a driving trip each summer as a family and when we were younger we took swimming lessons. I should I should add that I enjoyed my summers. I enjoyed reading books that I chose. I became good at typing. I never was bored until the end of summer, which was perfect since I was always burned out of school and schedules by the end of school).
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics