Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Where do they sell Kalei Tzom?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

sleepyhead

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 6:31 pm
I think that these kalei tzom pills may also have electrolytes to increase energy.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 6:34 pm
su7kids wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
well I bought the performance in williamsburg. I dont know who sells it in your neck o the woods. check your local directory.

Forgive my ignorance, local directory of WHAT?

What are they called in English, when used by "the general public"?

This is a jewish product. dont think its used by the general public. If you're near L.A., 'Brenco' or 'Shmuelis' might have it.

su7kids

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 6:37 pm
amother wrote:

This is a jewish product. dont think its used by the general public. If you're near L.A., 'Brenco' or 'Shmuelis' might have it.

Thanks, its not worth the 2 hour car drive, if no traffic. At least now I know.

GAMZu

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 7:59 pm
Mrs. XYZ wrote:
Quote:
WHAT are they and HOW do they work?

How do placebos work?? Wink

I don't know.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 8:17 pm
local business directory as in Jewish yellow pages. Shaklee distributors should be listed.

cindy324

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 11:11 pm
Will they work without the Performance shake (it is a shake isn't it?)?

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 11:13 pm
of course. they are two separate things . In my case I feel that performance helpe dme fast a lot better than the kali zom did. but I took both, so its hard to tellw hich worked better.

Performance is like Gatorade. If youcan get your hands on gatorade, go ahead and drink that. it's a powder you mix with water a day or two before the taanis and KEEP DRINKING. but if you can get a hold of only the kali zom at least get htat.

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 11:18 pm
here is what I wrote befre yom kippur on a different board:

"It's 100% natural, it's a mixture of herbs. No side effects. for more info you can call 718 486 0553, 845 425 5091 or 845 774 2285, it has the hechsher and approval of the badatz."

I guess you can call to find out where it's being sold near you.

queen

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 11:25 pm
su7kids wrote:
amother wrote:

Thanks, its not worth the 2 hour car drive, if no traffic. At least now I know.

why don't you pay by credit card over the phone and ask them to mail them to you?????

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Jul 17 2007, 11:48 pm
Let me tell you a lovely story that my frum pediatrician shared with me:
A coupla' years ago he got a telephone call from Hatzolah (he is a member) that they just responded to a call in Monroe; a teenaged girl, was always in perfect health, was having a seizure. The seizure was severe enough for the Hatzolah to want to take her into Manhattan to Mt. Sinai hospital. They couldn't stop the seizure along the entire ambulance commute. At the hospital emergency room the medical team couldn't stop it either. After 90 MINUTES the seizure was brought under control.
After much testing and investigating, turns out this girl took one of these 'fast easy' remedies (it was b/4 Tisah B'av), and they are saturated in alcohol. That is what makes you feel good, but that is what is dangerous for your brain!!! It was the easy fast that caused the seizure. Most herbs have tremendous percentages of alcohol in them. Just beware!

daisy

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:10 am
I found Powerade to be very helpful last time I fasted (I was nursing). I think I read about it on this site.

Women who are pregnant or nursing (especially), if I were you, I would be extremely cautious before taking this. Please ask your practitioner before taking as you would any other medication.

fleetwood

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 6:34 am
FYI, I tried it in advance of the fast just to see how I would feel and it made me nauseous. So I would suggest try it out a day or two before just to make sure you're ok with it.

technic

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 7:43 am
ty 2 all u imamothers 4 the info on this thread - I was looking 4 these tablets 4 my teenager (and myself) but im now having 2nd thoughts - 4warned is 4armed Very Happy - ive gone right off the idea!!!

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 8:06 am
I wonder if everyone here is talking about the same product, since there are several brands with slightly different names here in Israel.

On the other thread, where I particularly recommended the one for nursing mothers I was talking about the original Kali Tzom.

Also, people should know that some Rabbanim do not feel that people who fast well should be using these products at all, and say it's only for pregnant and nursing women, young teenagers, people who are sick, weak, old or have difficult fasts.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 11:36 am
eureka!!!! you can order them here:
http://www.koshervitamins.com/.....+Fast

it's $13 plus shipping.

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU TAKE THIS. I take it every year and bh no side effects, take at your own risk.

el2cg

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 11:44 am
or call 800-645-1899 to order by phone. u can then say "hi" to me! LOL

queen

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 4:01 pm
technic wrote:
ty 2 all u imamothers 4 the info on this thread - I was looking 4 these tablets 4 my teenager (and myself) but im now having 2nd thoughts - 4warned is 4armed Very Happy - ive gone right off the idea!!!

same here.......

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 4:46 pm
FWIW, I checked the ingredients on the regular and the nursing and the pregnant and they're drastically different!

Since I'm nursing, I went to kellymom and checked the effects of the herbs...fennel helps with letdown, alfalfa helps as a galactagogue, others weren't mentioned. From the ingredients, it seems pretty safe. I didn't check the regular one, but there are certain conditions where one might not be advised...for instance if you're on blood thinner or a sedating medication. But otherwise, there really is no need to be alarmed. Many of these herbs are actually found in tea!

Haven't ever taken it to know if it really works, but I think there was so much alarm over one story and we're missing a lot of details.

su7kids

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 7:30 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
of course. they are two separate things . In my case I feel that performance helpe dme fast a lot better than the kali zom did. but I took both, so its hard to tellw hich worked better.

Performance is like Gatorade. If youcan get your hands on gatorade, go ahead and drink that. it's a powder you mix with water a day or two before the taanis and KEEP DRINKING. but if you can get a hold of only the kali zom at least get htat.

For the record, Gatorade is not kosher. Powerade is.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Wed, Jul 18 2007, 8:48 pm
Someone told me she heard if you drink a bottle of grapejuice over erev Tisha b'av it'll help with teh fast.
I guess it's the hydration and sugar.
But don't you think all that sugar might give you a headache?? what do you think?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days