Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What to do in Orlando besides the theme parks?

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 5:39 pm
What can we do in Orlando besides the theme parks? We're looking for things to do for one day when it will be just dh and I, and another day with our 3 year old daughter. I am pregnant so don't want to do anything too strenuous. Any ideas?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 6:23 pm
If you're staying in a villa you can do the pool. There is Downtown Disney that has a night life. Maybe a beach? Not sure. Google it. You may discover something. There is a kosher ice cream store there...

UQT

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 6:27 pm
There is nothing like sitting at the pool in the heat when you know everyone is freezing back home. Take a day just to do that. You can go for ice cream or lunch for a change of pace. SeaWorld is very nice, but lots of walking. legoland is cute for your 3 year old - but it's 40 minutes away.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 7:55 pm
We will be in a hotel, not a villa, but even if we would have the pool to ourselves we wouldn't do that because while I lovvve swimming my husband HATES it! I almost find it funny, he's this big strong guy and he's scared of the water Confused If we do that he would sit on the side and learn while I go in Confused not quite my idea of vacationing really...legoland is a good idea, we would drive 40 minutes if it will be worth it. Thanks for that. For the day that's just dh and myself I was thinking of something that we wouldn't easily be able to do with our daughter once we have that opportunity but I'm not sure what that would be.

pumpernickle

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 8:22 pm
The disney boardwalk is fun. All disney resorts are open to the public for minimal fees. They all have different recreational activities like fishing, biating , trails etc. the flea markets and segways are also fun.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jan 07 2016, 8:49 pm
Where are the flea markets? That sounds like fun!

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 7:41 pm
Bump

happy12

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 7:44 pm
Wonderworks

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 8:18 pm
Gatorland is nice

animeme

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 8:53 pm
We were not fans of Wonderworks.

If you're willing to drive, the Kennedy Space Center is really great. Also, the Everglades.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 11:49 am
what is the name of the kosher ice cream shop in Orlando?

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 11:55 am
We drove to the Kennedy Space Center Museum...my DH liked it very much (me not so) but I felt I should do something HE would enjoy since I had already filled my share of fun stuff...and we have great memories of grilling on our disposable grills , poolside at the villa and just chilling.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics