Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Did anyone marry a DH with the same personality?

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 10:00 pm
I know so many couples with completely different personalities. Does anyone marry a DH with the same personality? Is that easier or more challenging?

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 10:13 pm
My dd married someone with the same personality. I thought they would understand each other better and work well together. He is how the ex SIL Sad

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 10:18 pm
DH and I are completely different in almost every way. The only thing we have in common is that we are both introverts.

He is grounded, I'm a dreamer. He is logical, I'm intuitive. He thinks and feels things literally. I think and feel things deeply. He's impulsive, I'm a planner. He's organized, I'm messy.

Our relationship would definitely be easier to navigate if we had a few more personality traits in common. But over the years I've taught him the value of thinking deeply, he's taught me the value of thinking literally, and we've each enhanced and improved the other with lots of growing pains but in the end a stable, loving relationship.

lovemykids

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 10:35 pm
From what I understand, opposites attract. Meaning, we usually find someone different than us to be attractive because it's intriguing. Marrying someone totally different can enhance you as a person as you have to balance out to be able to live with someone so different. It comes with struggles of maybe not feeling understood and accepted all the time but can also have such amazing chemistry from fitting like puzzle pieces.
Being married to someone that is exactly like you can be boring or it can be smooth as you both are wired similarly and therefore find many things in common. Or it can make you see all the negatives you see in yourself, in your spouse, as you are so alike.
I guess it depends on how you want to view your spouse. We can look at everyone in positive ways or negative ones. We can all have amazing chemistry and we can all clash. It depends on who is in the relationship and what the mindsets of the two are.

This is all my very very humble opinion. I did not think it through before typing, I just typed as I was thinking, so please don't bash me if I said anything to upset anyone Banging head

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 11:36 pm
My DH and I have very similar personalities. No exactly the same. We do balance each other in certain ways. But overall, so similar it's kind of freaky sometimes! But we like that. Smile

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 11:41 pm
Thanks for the responses!
My husband recently asked me (jokingly!) how we ever got married- we have completely different tastes in EVERYTHING and personalities. Sometimes I wonder if we had the same personality it would be better or worse... like would things that I would like to change about myself bother me more in him? (Good ol projection)
or would it be better bec we would just agree on everything? (Guess not from first amother post tho)

Boca00

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 11:43 pm
Amother coffee... do you find that you agree on everything? Or does personality not have to do so much with tastes and opinions?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics