Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando trip
1  2  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 8:48 am
I'm flying into Orlando this week, with my kids. We will be staying at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel. If we are only staying for two days and two nights, do I need to rent a car? If I have to drive, I would, but I'm not thrilled about driving around in a crowded city that I don't know. I thought that one day we'd go to Epcot, unsure what to do the second day. Any suggestions? I'm not into secular tv/ movies, pop culture, so I don't think Universal is for us. Sea world and gator land look great, but my teens aren't interested in doing animal stuff. My other ideas? Any suggestions for what to do about food? Thanx so much for your help.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 8:52 am
And.. Any thoughts with how to plan the trip if I have 2 teens, and a 10 yr old girl and 12 yr old boy. How to plan the trip so they all would enjoy? And.. I'll be the one adult.

simcha2

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 9:00 am
If you are staying at a WD property and don't want to rent I would do two days of Disney parks that way you have transportation. Do your kids like rides? We loved Hollywood studios (Disney) for the rides and shows. Yes, it is based on tv but, I think that you can enjoy the park without that. Had great rollercoaster, tower of terror and good shows. What are you doing for food? you need a car (Or cab) to get to the kosher restaurant.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 9:06 am
You can also just hang around Downtown Disney.
If you stay in a resort, there's free shuttle service from the resort/hotel to the Disney parks.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 11:12 am
Thank you so much. So my kids don't like roller coaster rides, and my son can't watch singing, dancing shoes. My teens thought Epcot would be boring. Now what would you recommend? And what type of restaurant is there? Thanx again.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 11:19 am
And...2 theme parks are a fortune for myself, plus four kids...

etr

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 11:20 am
I would consider Seaworld. The shamu show, pet show and sea lion show would work for you and there are some mild rides that your kids may enjoy.
Or go to magic kingdom. All the rides are mild, very little pop culture there, and the untzniyus princesses are mostly behind closed doors and long lines.

Disney parks have kosher food which gives you more time in the parks.

etr

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 11:35 am
Kosher grill is very fresh Israeli food at reasonable prices- located by Disney. Lower east side is traditional kosher food outside of Disney gates. If you're looking to save $,!yoi can buy deli at the kosher section in south apopka Vineland rd - not too far from lower east side restaurant.

simcha2

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 12:15 pm
The shows aren't singing/dancing there is a stunt car show, and a stunt action show

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 12:42 pm
Thanx. Where are these stunt shows?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 1:57 pm
And for a laid back town of town driver, if I have to rent a car to get around, is the driving in Orlando stressful NY like driving?

etr

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 1:59 pm
Driving in Orlando is very easy and the highways are well marked

simcha2

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 1:59 pm
Shows are at Disney Hollywood studios. Driving is not like ny. In general side streets with not crazy traffic.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 2:03 pm
My teen daughter just told me that she wants to do I Fly in Orlando,. Has anyone done this? Would you recommend it? For what ages? Can you do it in a tzniyus way? Thanx.

UQT

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 2:12 pm
You can get away with not renting a car. Most of the restaurants will deliver to you for a $25 fee. So would Gitty Shepansky who does catering there. It will be less stressful if you are nervous about driving. WDW offers pickup from the airport and will drive you to all the parks. My husband and myself enjoyed Epcot and magic kingdom as well. If you were never there your teens will be quite stimulated - 90% of the rides are not roller coaster. Go to their site and check out what is there - you want to be sortof prepared. As a guest in WDW you can also do fastpass in advance as well. If you are going for the fourth time your big kids wont be so enamored, but for a first visit Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood studios are wonderful.

You can PM for some do-not-miss rides in any of the parks for the kids in your age range. You will also probably find it cheaper to just do the entrance fee to a park then to do the flying attraction - it only takes 2 hours and then you are done for the day. With big kids who have stamina you can be in the parks from early morning until midnight and still not see everything.

As a lone adult you will also find it easier to not rent a car, get transported everywhere and stay in the parks.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 1:44 pm
Thanx so much. I'm trying to balance the $ factor, with not being stressed. The hotel told me that yes, they have free shuttles to the parks, and that I can take a Meras service to and from the airport. I called that service, and it would be 150$ round trip for me and the kids. Would it be cheaper to take a cab there and back? Any other thoughts?

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 2:09 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you so much. So my kids don't like roller coaster rides, and my son can't watch singing, dancing shoes. My teens thought Epcot would be boring. Now what would you recommend? And what type of restaurant is there? Thanx again.

Gonna be a little blunt here. Why are you going to Disney exactly?

I would most highly recommend Epcot and Hollywood studios. The last time I was there, those seem the most appropriate for your needs, but there will probably be a lot of stuff your kids won't do.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jan 25 2016, 6:54 pm
Thanx so much for all your help with the trips. How does this plan sound?: day 1: can I get cereal in the hotel for breakfast, and perhaps fruit too?pack sandwiches for lunch, and go to either magic kingdom or Epcot and dinner buy kosher food in the park? Day 2: same breakfast and lunch plan? More of a relaxed day: go to the Disney boardwalk and go biking or walking around there, what else is there on the boardwalk? At the hotel play tennis, is swimming a possibility( tzniyus wise?), Mini golf, and then for dinner what's the best option of food the kids would like, if I don't have a car? Also, does it make sense to cab to and from the hotel, or pay 150$ roundtrip( sounds pricey), for a service that takes to and from the hotel? Also, is there anywhere where I can go for ice cream? Pizza? Slurpees? So appreciate all your help with this. I can't wait!!

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 7:26 am
Bump

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jan 26 2016, 7:32 am
not sure if you mentioned this or not, but I recommend taking as much food as you can. the little kosher food (aside from fruit) that is available there will be hard to reach (without a car) and probably more pricey.
you can take ready tuna, hard eggs, matzo, dips, some rolls, crackers, cold cuts, cutlets (rdy made at home, eat cold) and nosh/snacks. you can manage fine like that. you wont be hungry and it will be available to you without the headache of going to get it and find it....

Last edited by amother on Wed, Aug 10 2016, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics