Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Looking for infor on Camp Baiseinu (Machaneinu) and Camp CPE
1  2  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 11:08 am
Would like to know information on camp Baiseinu/Machaneinu.
Also the names of the people who run or are in charge of the camp.

And does anyone have any information on camp C.P.E.?
Who runs it, what type of camp and a phone number?

Thank you

rdmom

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 11:13 am
Machaneynu is run by mrs luria. All I can say is that my daughter goes there and it is the highlight of her year. She loves camp.
Phone number there is. 718-633-0328

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have specific questions.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 1:19 pm
Thanks so much!

I might have more questions, thanks for the offer.

cla

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 1:34 pm
Baisainu - large camp, mix of chassidish and yeshivish, a more "tame" program, not so ra-ra, (which as a worried mother I appreciate it for safety's sake).

CPE - smaller, may be slightly more chassidish, harder to get into as it is a small camp and last year it only ran for August, I'm not sure about this year. Supposedly less sports oriented and more into different activities like crafts, baking etc.

amother
Cognac

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:15 pm
Looking into these camps now. Any updated information?

amother
Lightpink

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:17 pm
CPE is more of a chassidish crowd. Baiseinu is more mixed/Bais Yaakov crowd.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:26 pm
As someone who went to machaneinu I would never send my child. The idea of makeing a kid take tests in the summer was always beyond me. Also the counselor has to write a report on the campers at the end of the month that everyone gets to see. Then theres the fact that the staff kids get better treatment than regular campers.

cnc

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:28 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
As someone who went to machaneinu I would never send my child. The idea of makeing a kid take tests in the summer was always beyond me. Also the counselor has to write a report on the campers at the end of the month that everyone gets to see. Then theres the fact that the staff kids get better treatment than regular campers.

What kind of test?

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:34 pm
cnc wrote:
What kind of test?
it was a written test every tuesday the girls have to answer ten questions on what they learned during shiur. It was then graded and checked by mrs. Berenfeld

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:41 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:

What?!
This is bizarre

imamommy5

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:42 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
it was a written test every tuesday the girls have to answer ten questions on what they learned during shiur. It was then graded and checked by mrs. Berenfeld
all the girls know what grade the others got also.

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:46 pm
This must have been in your times. My daughter went for 3 years. Five, Four and Three summers ago. Never ever heard anything about written tests.
Camp is amazing, she loved it. It's a wholesome, wonderful place. We are Vien style Chassidish and the camp had a nice mix of Yeshivish/Heimishe/Chassidish.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:50 pm
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:
This must have been in your times. My daughter went for 3 years. Five, Four and Three summers ago. Never ever heard anything about written tests.
Camp is amazing, she loved it. It's a wholesome, wonderful place. We are Vien style Chassidish and the camp had a nice mix of Yeshivish/Heimishe/Chassidish.
my mother never heard about it either Confused

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Oct 04 2021, 5:55 pm
amother [ Dandelion ] wrote:
I went 6 summers ago 7 8 and 9 summers ago too! I really loved camp! But looking back I could have done the same shmoozing for much cheaper at home

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:28 am
bump

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 10:41 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I went 6 summers ago 7 8 and 9 summers ago too! I really loved camp! But looking back I could have done the same shmoozing for much cheaper at home

They have more activities now. Plus, when my daughter was in 10th grade they were off ground on trips almost every single day. It was very action packed and she loved every minute.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:13 am
I went around 15 ago for 5 years. I wasn't yeshivish but I dressed the part while I was there. I loved it. During the last year or two the camp was becoming stricter about the dress code.

abound

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 11:50 am
my daughter wentthis past summer,no tests. 😏
loved it!!!

amother
Clear

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:15 pm
Daughter went to baiseinu this summer and had an amazing experience. She’d like to go back next season!

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Oct 05 2021, 12:47 pm
Dd loved CPE this past summer. They only run for 4 weeks (second half). It’s mostly chassidish.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic       Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children