Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Help need recipe for after tisha bav

kithp

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 8:30 am
I need a recipe - something milchig, or maybe fish for after the fast, I know it seems crazy to not have meat after 9 days but a: it was just shabbos and b we want something light. so what can I do that I havent been doing the past week that will be unique and special but light...nothing with PB - allergies

Marion

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 11:40 am
quiche? lasagna? It's not crazy to not have meat after 9 days...we never do.

Purplehair

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 11:44 am
Besides, as far as I know, you are not allowed to have meat after the Tisha B'av fast until after chatzos of the next day. You also aren't allowed to listen to music, take a bath, or wash laundry until then.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 12:21 pm
after tisha b'av, it's just like any one of the 9days, no worse and no better.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 12:26 pm
Purplehair wrote:
Besides, as far as I know, you are not allowed to have meat after the Tisha B'av fast until after chatzos of the next day. You also aren't allowed to listen to music, take a bath, or wash laundry until then.

That's the halacha unless the fast ends Thursday night and you need to prepare for Shabbos Friday morning (which is not the case this year)...

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 23 2007, 12:42 pm
right, right.

kithp

Post Fri, Aug 03 2007, 2:48 am
well like I wrote in the intro im a sort of baal teshuva in the process of returning to her roots with dh...so bear with me please....is this a minhag yisrael?

Actually I was listenng to I think it was galgalatz or maybe radio yerushalayim the next morning after the fast I needed my music...and it was funny because they said (these are not in any way religious stations) that after the fast the night and the next day till chatzot we do not do a number of things because the destruct continued including...and I forgot which things they said, maybe like shaving and eating meat, but it was funny because as a radio station they left out the one about music...but still I thought it was reall cool that a secular radio station would even say that, just one of the reasons I love it here.

(although to be fair an honest many types of music are permitted during the 3 weeks in particular the first section b4 the 9 days.)

Kids in Trouble Help Page
http://kithp.50webs.com A Kids Teens and Parents guide to Child Abuse, Depression, Suicide, Runaway and Bullying Resources - Jewish Section On Domestic Abuse in Hotlines

kithp

Post Fri, Aug 03 2007, 2:50 am
oh yea so guess what we had split pea soup with potatoes etc..

and....lasagna (marion) Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus