Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best Priced Jewelry Store in Flatbush or Boro Park

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 9:06 pm
Which jewelry store in your experience had the best prices in Flatbush or Boro Park?

(Sorry, I'm anonymous for this topic but I asked a few people and they advised me to ask on Imamother. I want my screen name to stay anonymous.)

agreer

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:30 pm
I would also love to know the answer.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Feb 17 2016, 11:33 pm
I've never shopped around, as my family is in the jewelry business.
But I've heard from a few people that Molly's on 47 14/15 is very reasonable with a varied selection in different price points.

Amsel on 54 12/NU.is also reasonable.

Lovelymom1

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 12:00 am
Had very good experience by Feldmans jewelry. Honest and decently priced.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 3:06 am
My favorite amsel on 54 bet 12 and N.U. A lot of her jewelry is her own designed stuff. And shes very reasonable, so honest and so nice. My dh bought 3 pieces of stunning jewelry over my 10 yrs of marriage. He searched the globe and always landed my amsel.
Just a little story. I was a shadchan for a family member a few yrs ago. She didnt give me $ she bought me a pair of gorgeous earrings. Abt 2-3 months later I was in amsel with my mother and noticed those earrings. Cut to the chase hers was $500 less than what my relative paid. Hows that possible? Amsel has her store in her bsmnt and doesnt pay rent.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 9:11 am
amother wrote:
My favorite amsel on 54 bet 12 and N.U. A lot of her jewelry is her own designed stuff. And shes very reasonable, so honest and so nice. My dh bought 3 pieces of stunning jewelry over my 10 yrs of marriage. He searched the globe and always landed my amsel.
Just a little story. I was a shadchan for a family member a few yrs ago. She didnt give me $ she bought me a pair of gorgeous earrings. Abt 2-3 months later I was in amsel with my mother and noticed those earrings. Cut to the chase hers was $500 less than what my relative paid. Hows that possible? Amsel has her store in her bsmnt and doesnt pay rent.

Do you have the address of amsel? I googled it but it's not listed. Thanks

balibusta

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 9:41 am
My mom swears by feldman for there honesty and good prices

Mevater

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 1:10 pm
amother wrote:
Do you have the address of amsel? I googled it but it's not listed. Thanks

I found this:

Amsel
Jewel Galaxy
1247 54th st
718-686-0644

http://www.thesimchacenter.com.....laxy/

Do they have plain gold earrings, no diamonds or mostly Kallah jewelry? And if yes, whats the range in their prices of gold earrings?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 1:19 pm
Jewelery stores are priced according to their quality. Usually a cheaper store the quality is cheaper. Like molly has very cheap quality so yes their stuff is cheaper but you can tell.

Kaufmans on 51st street has amazing prices for their quality. I have stuff from ten years ago that I get completed sparkle like crazy. So really the best price is how cheap of diamonds are you looking for?

double u

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 2:59 pm
My uncle sells diamonds and says kaufmans doesn't take the best quality. They just have a name. So I pay for their name as well

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 3:09 pm
Mevater wrote:
I found this:

Amsel
Jewel Galaxy
1247 54th st
718-686-0644

http://www.thesimchacenter.com.....laxy/

Do they have plain gold earrings, no diamonds or mostly Kallah jewelry? And if yes, whats the range in their prices of gold earrings?

Thank you mevater!

gande

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 4:00 pm
Amsel is mostly kallah jewelery. Feldman is a good store with a wide selection. My mom and sis recently got earrings in radiant. I think it's on 18. Btw I think it's more abt finding something that uses the gold well to make it look more expensive and bigger than the actual price per piece based on weight.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 6:12 pm
I buy gorgeous costume necklaces at Jamie Beauty Supply on Avenue J. They have really nice stuff in the $15 range. It doesn't look cheap.

1216 Avenue J
718-258-6968

Their high-end necklace is $50

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 7:53 pm
I have bought so many pieces in kaufmans and had them appraised for a lot more. I have went to three different appraisers and each time I went they pick out my pieces from kaufmans and always say this is a piece. Every time I doubt myself that I'm crazy for shopping there I realize that it really is better quality.

I don't know how fast I can trust someone whose uncle is in the business because a lot of competition knock the next.

The quality is amazing I can attest to that and I have sent so many friends to them who were very happy with it to.

They are more expensive so I wouldn't suggest buying everything there but that one piece that you want to have for a big event thats the place to go.

For cheaper Jewelery Feldmans or Molly is the place to go.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Feb 18 2016, 8:43 pm
Different amother here....just wondering how much a kallah bracelet at amsel would run me?

Hoping to be in the market soon Very Happy Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics