Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
NY medicaid question

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 6:13 pm
Not sure where to put this, but it's sort of financial based. We're due to renew our Medicaid, and according to our numbers, don't qualify. Our paperwork is due 3/31. My work told me that the insurance that I want to sign up for won't be available until 5/1. They gave me an option to join a more expensive plan for the month. Does anyone think that they would have to give me until the end of the month to be kicked off medicaid?

mha3484

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 6:19 pm
In IL I sent in my forms to renew my children and not myself. I took a few months to get removed. I did not use the plan as I did not need a DR but in an emergency I would have been covered.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 9:12 pm
I don't have a real answer but was told that you have 18 month after you don't qualify still on Medicaid New York

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 11:43 pm
amother wrote:
I don't have a real answer but was told that you have 18 month after you don't qualify still on Medicaid New York

I am in NY. I had to recertify and was not eligible for Medicaid anymore. My coverage ended the end of that month. So in op's case if you need to recertify before the end of March and you won't be eligible for medicaid anymore you will not have coverage for April unless you buy into another plan. Be advised that through the marketplace you need to buy a plan by the 15th of the month for it to be effective the 1st of the following month. So if you didn't get on a plan yesterday, you can not get on a plan through the marketplace for April anymore.
Good luck
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics