Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Undergarments in lkwd

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 10:03 am
Were is the best place to take a girl to be fitted for the first time for undergarments in lkwd
Tx

ahuva06

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 10:05 am
Tafi
217 2nd St

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 10:44 am
Tafi is great but here's a piece of unsolicited advice: Take her out of school one day and go during school hours. She will have much more privacy that way. (You can go for icecream after, if this is her first time Smile ).

shoshiesavannah

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 10:49 am
Chayalle wrote:
Tafi is great but here's a piece of unsolicited advice: Take her out of school one day and go during school hours. She will have much more privacy that way. (You can go for icecream after, if this is her first time Smile ).

What a sweet idea! Very Happy

ahuva06

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 10:54 am
Chayalle wrote:

Agree! I will never forget the mortification I felt as a young teen, when I met people I knew in lingerie shops...

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 11:33 am
Chayalle wrote:

Amaizing! Thank you. Yes I had this in mind to .
Any other recomended places besides tafi? Or is tafi the best for this first experience

blossoming flower

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 12:24 pm
How about the Purple Orchid in Seagull Square? The decor is beautiful and calming and private.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 12:40 pm
Tafi.

Purple Orchid is a gorgeous store and the dressing rooms are very private and the service is fantastic. Personally I found it a better store for a married women then a teenager.

I also think the fit and alterations in Tafi is much more exact.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 12:46 pm
amother wrote:
Tafi.

Purple Orchid is a gorgeous store and the dressing rooms are very private and the service is fantastic. Personally I found it a better store for a married women then a teenager.

I also think the fit and alterations in Tafi is much more exact.

Thank you . This is the kind of details I was looking for.
What about saposh..how do they compare?
Im also looking for homey down to earth sales people. The ones that will make my daughter comfortable. Not sales people that look like their dressed for a wedding.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 12:58 pm
Bear in mind, these suggestions are only for average girls
If you are well endowed like I was ( think DDD at 12) you should really go to Linda the bra lady, in Manhattan or at least saposh in BP

Chayalle

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 1:31 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
Bear in mind, these suggestions are only for average girls
If you are well endowed like I was ( think DDD at 12) you should really go to Linda the bra lady, in Manhattan or at least saposh in BP

And if you're tiny and your size options are very limited, you may have to special order. Bare Necessities is the website of choice for us at this point in time.

I know some people are happy with Saposh Too. DD knows the sales lady so she refused to go there. Very nice down-to-earth type.

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 1:34 pm
Saposh Too is really nice, it's in a Basement so somehow it's less intimidating. I found the lady there so sweet and nice.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 2:45 pm
I also recommend tafi. they are so nice and down to earth.

I was there when this AWFUL mother brought her daughter in for the first time and she was going on and on about how she was never so big so young like her daughter is. and the tafi saleswoman was AMAZING! she was so firm but still so nice and she said we all have different shapes and sizes and got right down to measuring and recommending and kind of shut the mother down.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 5:02 pm
Thank you all for the tips

summer0808

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 11:06 pm
I've used Tafi, Saposh & Hosiery Plus (james st) I liked the Hosiery Plus the best.

This is the girl 32d in 9th grade. To me it was part of life to get professional fitted. My dds are all mortified!

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Mar 22 2016, 1:54 pm
Really like Hosiery Plus on James. I am a hard fit and the woman didn't give up till she found something that worked.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children