Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Invited to a wedding but can't afford a gift

workoutwoman613

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 2:59 pm
I am on an almost zero discretionary spending budget and was invited to a wedding (in Israel). I want to go but not empty handed. Suggestions?

aqua1

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 6:00 pm
Do you have any services that you can offer a gift certificate for? For example, if you are good at photography you can offer them a photo shoot.

shoshiesavannah

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 6:02 pm
Bring a card with you. Your wishes for a happy marriage are all the couple needs!

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 6:09 pm
not everyone could afford gifts ... I go with the gift of love

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 6:14 pm
I have so many weddings, I can't afford to buy gifts for most of them.

Gift them with your presence.

Today, there are so many simchos, ke'h, many people don't bring a gift to weddings except if they are very close.

Goldie613

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 6:44 pm
Do you have a skill that you are good at? Can you use it to make them something? For example, if you can sew or embroider, maybe you can make them a challah cover or monogram a towel for them. If you are good at woodworking or painting, you can make a name sign for their door or a box for benchers for their table.

Is baking more your thing? How about giving them a binder filled with recipes? If they're relatives of yours, you can include stories of the people who are connected with those recipes (think Bubbie's honey cake or tante's chocolate cookies).

All else fails? Do a raid on a 99 cents store, or whatever your local equivalent is. You can get them a couple of beautiful picture frames for just a few dollars, and enclose a note saying that you hope they"ll use it to treasure all of their new memories together.

Alternately - have you considered re-gifting? If you have something at home that you got as a gift and never used or open, that might give you more options as well.

BTW, Mazel tov on the chasunah!

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 7:18 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
Do you have a skill that you are good at? Can you use it to make them something? For example, if you can sew or embroider, maybe you can make them a challah cover or monogram a towel for them. If you are good at woodworking or painting, you can make a name sign for their door or a box for benchers for their table.

Is baking more your thing? How about giving them a binder filled with recipes? If they're relatives of yours, you can include stories of the people who are connected with those recipes (think Bubbie's honey cake or tante's chocolate cookies).

All else fails? Do a raid on a 99 cents store, or whatever your local equivalent is. You can get them a couple of beautiful picture frames for just a few dollars, and enclose a note saying that you hope they"ll use it to treasure all of their new memories together.

Alternately - have you considered re-gifting? If you have something at home that you got as a gift and never used or open, that might give you more options as well.

BTW, Mazel tov on the chasunah!

These are all really wonderful ideas and more meaningful than typical gifts
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics