Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Toronto/Niagara trip! Help!

newmommy:)

Post Tue, Mar 29 2016, 2:48 pm
So whoever's been following my search back and forth for a fun short vacation for two we decided on toronto and niagara falls.
short and sweet and much much needed.
we're leaving ny early sunday morning spending day and night in toronto, driving to niagara spending day and night in niagara and then driving to buffalo and flying home

So Tornotonians I need your help.
We're really spending only one day and night in toronto.
I'd like to do ripley's aquariam. I don't get what's so cool about cn tower - is it cool? like what is it besides high up?

and what else?
I want a nice kosher resuraunt. Budget is nt unlimited but its our only vacation for a looooooooooooooong time so we're willing to spend on it.
also a nice hotel, near a minyan

in niagara we're not going to need a minyan so any tips for that in terms of nice hotels, good plan of action while there, if there's food (is andrea levy's restaurant open nowadays?)

nnmom

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 3:31 pm
Not so many hotels super close to minyanim
It's a drive. Is that okay? If not I would consider an air Bnb. South hotels that are 5-10 min drive from minyans are Novotel and Holiday Inn yorkdale. Both not fancy places.
Nice places to eat for dairy I recommend Bistro Grande

nnmom

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 3:34 pm
Oops, hit send too early.
And the Windsor Arms Hotel downtown has nice meat meal. There also Marron that reopened south for meat. Haven't been so can't review but it's a nice place.
I can answer more q's seeing as you aren't getting responses.

newmommy:)

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 4:47 pm
lol thank you! what's a drive. I think 20 minutes is ok more than that is a little shleppy...
we're doing ripleys cn tower nice dinner, and then driving to niagara the next day so whatever makes sense I don't know the area at all. Thanks!

nnmom

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 4:56 pm
If you are going to be downtown for the cn tower and the aquarium then going to the windsor arms for dinner will work nicely for you.
I would stay at the holiday at Yorkdale. 5 minute drive from lots and lots of shuls and practically on the highway to niagara

doctorima

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 5:10 pm
In Niagara get a nice fallsview room on a high floor at either Marriott or Embassy Suites (they're next to each other).

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 6:08 pm
I wish we were going to be open at the restaurant but if you come to hamilton for minyan, let me know and we can have coffee!!!

tryinghard

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 6:52 pm
seconding the Windsor Arms - really nice place/experience...

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 7:07 pm
The CN tower is quite pricey just for a ride up a high elevator and a nice view but that's a matter of opinion. I've done it once with my husband and another time with my kids and each time I asked myself if it was worth it as it was quite packed and we had to wait for elevators for a nice amount of time. I'm assuming it's quieter at evening time though. Enjoy every second of your vacation !!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics