Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Can I get some feedback?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 5:55 pm

Although I'm really doing the videos for myself, I'm curious if this would be of interest to anyone. What do you think?

1ofbillions

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 7:27 pm
You're beautiful and have such chein. That's my first reaction. Very Happy

Love the videos.

ETA that your accent is so sweet and endearing! Can I ask where it's from? No pressure to answer if you don't want to, of course.

ETA Just watched your second video, in which you said that you were videoing from your mother's kitchen in New Square, so forget my earlier question.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:17 pm
Thanks for the positive feedback.
I grew up in New Square, lived in Monsey while I was married, & now I'm back in New Square & reinventing my life as a single mom.
The accent is from Yiddish, my mother-tongue.

cnc

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:24 pm
Very enjoyable.
Your voice is very sweet and holds the listener's attention.
I would definitely be interested in more!

oliveoil

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 8:33 pm
I loved it! Thank you for sharing. Eloquent and to the point, without over-dramarizing. I hope you continue.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 9:36 pm
Thanks guys, it means a lot to me. I am hoping to upload video/s every day. I have so much in me that I want to share with others. I've been through quite a journey and am pasionate about sharing my stories.

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Apr 03 2016, 9:46 pm
I am so inspired that you are turning your life around for yourself. You are an inspiration and youre beautiful. I am so grateful that you are willing to share your inner beauty as well! חזק ויאמץ!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 10:48 am
you asked for opinions so I am going to be straight forward with my reactions

it's quite a nice idea & whilst I realize you said you are doing this for yourself, I believe there could be some 'upgrades' if you will

please don't eat/chew/suck on a candy while talking

also while the surprise of whatever comes out is great - there is the idea of working on something to make it better - so maybe practice a little so you don't sound hesitant ... unless you prefer the hashgacha of whatever is being said as that which must be shared [obviously I grapple with the ideation of both]

why are you wearing a short sleeve t-shirt in one video & flaunting that you are in your mother's new square kitchen in the other ? Serious query as it seems you might be trying to make a point - which is very unnecessary - especially if you are indeed doing this for yourself. [I am not judging what you are wearing either - I believe in freedom to be & wear what you want and that the outer garb does not reflect the spiritual soul - it just is what came to mind]

that being said, I think you have an eloquent voice & you are beautiful

the ability to share thoughts that some might not otherwise consider is indeed a gift

keep at it !!! הצלחה Hug

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 11:31 am
greenfire wrote:
you asked for opinions so I am going to be straight forward with my reactions

it's quite a nice idea & whilst I realize you said you are doing this for yourself, I believe there could be some 'upgrades' if you will

please don't eat/chew/suck on a candy while talking

also while the surprise of whatever comes out is great - there is the idea of working on something to make it better - so maybe practice a little so you don't sound hesitant ... unless you prefer the hashgacha of whatever is being said as that which must be shared [obviously I grapple with the ideation of both]

why are you wearing a short sleeve t-shirt in one video & flaunting that you are in your mother's new square kitchen in the other ? Serious query as it seems you might be trying to make a point - which is very unnecessary - especially if you are indeed doing this for yourself. [I am not judging what you are wearing either - I believe in freedom to be & wear what you want and that the outer garb does not reflect the spiritual soul - it just is what came to mind]

that being said, I think you have an eloquent voice & you are beautiful

the ability to share thoughts that some might not otherwise consider is indeed a gift

keep at it !!! הצלחה Hug

Thanks for this feedback.
After I posted that video where I was chewing gum, I realized how awkward it looked (and also stereotypical of chassidish girls chewing gum Confused )

I chose not to prepare beforehand for a few reasons. First, like you said, preparing what to say can take away some of the enthusiasm that I feel when I first think of a specific idea.
Also, I'm trying to learn how to become a better English speaker - fluently and proffessionally. I love public speaking but I'm sometimes hesitant due to my accent and vocabulary. I find myself speaking at a slower pace because I think too much about what Im going to say. This might help me become better at it. However, I may try preparing and see how I feel about it.

I wear short sleeves in the video because I'm always in my yoga clothing. Sometimes if I'm cold, I'll throw on a sweater..hence, the short sleeve/sweater confusion. And regarding my mom's kitchen in New Square - well, I currently live in New Square at my parent's house. If there's any point to be made, it's that my parents try to accept me the way I am and I believe it's important to show others that accepting a daughter or son who is not "typical" or OTD is the most important thing!

Thanks for the compliment!

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 06 2016, 1:49 pm
I am always accepting of people on all different levels ... for one of my daughters she says this is what makes her not hate judiasm with all it's intricate laws - instead she embraces that she is jewish - even if only in bits & drabs, when she wants or how she wants - I.e. bentching licht or eating a yom tov seudah or saying brochos & when she does it is with sincere spiritual connection to Hashem

thank you for hearing me Mr. Green
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational