Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
To kasher or not to kasher - Chol hamoed only

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 3:12 pm
We will only be home in our apartment from Monday evening through Thursday erev second days. (Coming home because we both have to go to work.) Im cleaning the apartment, however I'm trying to decide if its worth the effort to kasher the stove and sinks? During the day it will just be my babysitter at home with my 2 year old. For Tues/Wednesday supper we can go to my in laws nearby or buy Pesachdik takeout. Breakfast and lunch will be cold food items and we will only be using plastic cutlery and plates etc. Whats the point in kashering the stove/sinks? To make eggs or matzah brei? is it really worth the hassle? I'm starting to think it isn't. Also worried that my babysitter would mess everything up in the kitchen.
Thoughts?

anotherima

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 3:28 pm
You can get an individual plug in burner. so you don't have to kasher the stove.

mfb

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 3:52 pm
When I was home just for chol hamoed, I covered sinks, counters, fridge, and used a 2 burner electric counter top to fry an egg, fry onions, cook potatoes....

ra_mom

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 4:10 pm
I would kasher sinks but cover the stove and use electric burners as others have suggested

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 6:15 pm
Joining the chorus... kasher the sink, cover the counters and range, and buy a 2-burner coil or induction hot plate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics