Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Does such a place exist?!
1  2  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 11:18 am
Dh & I would love to move away from the tri state area, but we have a number of requirements.
1) an established community , with proper shuls, schools (no day school), easy access to kosher food.
2) temperate weather. We love florida, but the heat makes me and my kids physically sick. Otoh, very cold weather makes my asthma flare up.
3) good parnassah opportunities
4) relaxing lifestyle, not looking for city life, so Los Angeles is out.
5) warm, friendly people. I love our current neighbors, my kids have loads of friends, etc.
Any ideas?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 11:19 am
My DH keeps saying he wants to move to Texas, it sounds like it fits your requirements

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 11:19 am
Baltimore?

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 11:21 am
Isn't Texas very hot in the summer?
Dh doesn't like Baltimore.

saw50st8

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 12:44 pm
San Diego

doctorima

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 12:49 pm
Maybe Denver or Seattle

mha3484

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 12:51 pm
Texas depends. Houston is very humid but Austin and Dallas are just hot. Also, when it comes to places like that you basically go from A/C to A/C. Cars, houses, stores everything has Air Conditioning. Also lots of homes have pools. DH grew up in Austin. His neighborhood had regular old sized houses and many of them had pools.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:08 pm
San Diego — or maybe nearby suburb La Jolla. Not sure how long the commute is from La Jolla to Dan Diego schools.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:08 pm
Does San Diego have a proper infrastructure of schools shul, etc?
Denver is cold, Seattle is rainy so those don't work.
Still worried about the heat in Texas. We were in florida, and even sitting in the car w ac on, I and kids were vomiting from the heat.

suzyq

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:28 pm
What about St. Louis? Definitely temperate climate.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:30 pm
Love to hear more about St Louis, thanks

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:30 pm
Love to hear more about St Louis, thanks Very Happy

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:33 pm
I grew up in St. Louis. There definitely are some really hot days in the summer and some really cold days in the winter. Sad I certainly wouldn't call it a temperate climate year round. But otherwise it's a great community!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:35 pm
Northern Israel. It's gorgeous here! A lot like San Jose/Palo Alto California.

PassionFruit

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:45 pm
No place has perfect weather. Choose what bothers your most: hot an humid, cold and snowy, or constant drizzle. Seattle is not bad at all--summers are pretty consistent sunny 70s, and winters are pretty consistent 50s. Yes, it rains, but not like NY thunderstorms, more like a constant drizzle. Dallas is nice but gets very hot in the summer. Detroit is cold in the winters...There are options, but no place has perfect weather. How about Toronto?

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 1:55 pm
We need to stay in the USA. Problem is rain makes me gloomy (prone to depression), cold irritates asthma and severe heat makes me and my kids vomit.
Some places that seem better weather wise, like San Francisco area, or the Carolinas don't have ano established community, or only have day schools.

boysrus

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 2:04 pm
pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean when you say 'no day schools' - what are day schools? Question

tichellady

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 2:19 pm
you don't need to rule out LA because of city life. You can live in a suburb in the San Fernando valley and it's not city life at all. That said, LA is not cheap. Not sure what your budget is or what type of community you want to live in, but if you have questions about communities in the valley, I can probably answer them. Probably nowhere with really nice weather is going to have cheap housing. The valley does get hot, but not like Texas, and it always cools off at night.

tichellady

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 2:21 pm
boysrus wrote:
pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean when you say 'no day schools' - what are day schools? Question

I assume she means they only have Jewish elementary schools not high schools.

Ms.MaryMack(inblack)

Post Wed, May 11 2016, 3:15 pm
Israel
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating