Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Acne/pimples solution?

smile

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 6:39 pm
Any advice how I can get rid of my acne/pimples?
I prefer not using medicated creams. But I need something to get them off.

Also which cream/lotion is good as prevention, however I do have sensitive skin?

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 8:35 pm
More info needed: Are you married or single? Are you pregnant or nursing? TTC? Is this sudden or have you struggled with this since your teens? Is the acne accompanied by any other hormonal symptoms--mood swings, facial hair, irregular periods? What do you do now to take care of your skin? What has not worked for you?

My story is that I had very good skin until I got pregnant, and for the past 6 years I have been a mess. It is hormonal, accompanied by facial hair and long periods, but not off enough to mess up fertility, so it goes untreated. Nothing has worked 100% for me. There is a lot you cannot do while TTC, pregnant, nursing. The only thing that has done me some good is probiotics coupled with this http://www.neutrogena.com/prod.....Picks
sillyac acid makes no difference, and benzol proxide makes my entire face turn red and blow up

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 9:05 pm
Go to a derm for prescription. Epiduo worked like magic for me. Ask about anything with retin-a

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 01 2016, 11:02 pm
Try elimination diets. Seriously. Sugar is a common trigger, but others can also do it.

friends_89

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 12:28 am
It's important to try to pinpoint what is causing your acne - stress, hormones, diet, sweat and dirt from pollution. In any case this is what worked for me -drinking more water, not touching my face with dirty hands, washing face with African black soap from Nubian Hertiage, exfoliating 2-3times a week, and most helpful is trying to reduce stress. Hope this helps.

smile

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 4:14 am
I am in the 30 married with kids but not nursing or pregnant at the moment. I don't have them the whole time, they do pop up whenever I don't want them to like family or social gathering.
What I realised is that eating chocolate does cause them to come, however that only started last couples if years.
Also drinking lots of green teal helps for them not to come I think, however I need my daily coffee fix.
Also even if the spots fade I still see them faintly where they were. I had one spot in between the eyes and I still can see it since pesach. How can I get rid of these.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 02 2016, 6:38 am
Dead Sea mud is amazing. Dab it on before bed, and wash it off in the morning. The spots will be gone within a day or two.

Moisturize with Jojoba Oil (100% pure), you can get it at any pharmacy or health store. It seems weird to put oil on zits, but this type of oil loosens up the sebum and slides it out of your pores. Your skin will feel so soft and clean, and the oil absorbs right in with no greasy feeling.

I'll be 51 next week, and everyone still guesses that I'm in my mid 30's. I was at the doctor's office today for lab work, and the nurse asked me if there was a chance I could be pregnant. I laughed and said "Of course not, I'm too old!", and she said "are you sure?" I had her check my age on my chart. Very Happy

amother
White

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 12:43 pm
Bumping this thread

Poster Smile- my experience is similar to yours. Did you do anything about it that you would recommend?

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 1:31 pm
smile wrote:
I am in the 30 married with kids but not nursing or pregnant at the moment. I don't have them the whole time, they do pop up whenever I don't want them to like family or social gathering.
What I realised is that eating chocolate does cause them to come, however that only started last couples if years.
Also drinking lots of green teal helps for them not to come I think, however I need my daily coffee fix.
Also even if the spots fade I still see them faintly where they were. I had one spot in between the eyes and I still can see it since pesach. How can I get rid of these.

The Neutrogena product that floralwhite amother linked above helps with the spots and also sometimes helps keeping them away.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Aug 11 2016, 3:27 pm
try damping your face with bit water & then smear raw honey all over face & forehead.
leave on for about 15 mins.
rinse off with warm water & then rinse with cold water.
works wonders.

#1mama

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 6:41 pm
Tea tree oil .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics