Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How long does your 2 yr old sleep?
1  2  Next

smiley:)

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 3:55 pm
Both during the day and at night. And is he/she closer to 2 or 3?

chavs

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 4:05 pm
my son sleeps 2 to 2.5 hours during the day, and that night 12 hours.
my son has just turned 2 b-H.

Last edited by chavs on Wed, Aug 15 2007, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 4:27 pm
My son is 25 monhts. Sleeps about 12 or 12.5 hours at night. Rarely takes a nap, though he needs one.

Racheli

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 7:38 pm
My daughter is almost 2 1/2. She takes a two hour nap and sleeps about 12 hours at night.

Frumom

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 7:44 pm
My son will be two in about two weeks. Takes a two hour nap during the day, sleeps 12 hours at night.
Sounds like the average so far.

Sharon8310

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 7:50 pm
My son just turned two he sleep about eleven hours at night and takes two naps during the day each for about an hour and a half.

zigi

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 8:10 pm
dd is just 2 she gets slightly under 12 hours at night ( her brother wakes her up) sometimes she naps for 2 hours. she doesn't always want to stay in her crib and sleep.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 8:16 pm
my son who just turned 2 sleeps 12 - 13 hours at night. he slept until very recently, about 2 hours during the day, but lately he is stopping. Sad I'm not ready!

aspring

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 8:24 pm
and yet another, my son is 25 months he sleeps for 12 hours at night and 2 maybe 2.5 hours in the afternoon.

ChavieK

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 9:14 pm
my ds is 28 mo & if we are lucky he sleeps 9 hours & sometimes takes a nap between 1 & 2.5 hrs.He's always ready to party.

Bzgirl

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 9:19 pm
Sounds like we all had babies around the same time 2 years ago Wink
My DD sleeps 12 hours a night and takes 1 or 2 naps for about an hour each.

nicole81

Post Wed, Aug 15 2007, 10:54 pm
dd is 28 months. she sleeps about 12 hours at night, and takes a 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon. she really likes to sleep.

willow

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 5:48 am
Oh wow this thread as made me so jealous!!!!!!!Smile My cute, gentle and super active little girl sleeps about 11 hours at night and tops and hour nap (if I am that lucky).
How are you doing this???? I think I need do Daven harder.

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 5:55 am
Ok so now that I have some sort of idea, I need advice. It seems most kids here sleep more than my son, aside from the few that seem to sleep the same. My son is 25 months and this is his pattern. He sleeps about 9 1/2 hrs at night and 2 1/2 during the day.
Now he goes for a very late nap... like 2:30-5:00 (I put him in a bit before 2, he sleeps till I wake him, unless he wakes at 5). Now I feel I need my mornings... my husband works at evening/night. In the mornings I cook dinner so I can send it with him, towards the end of the wk I also cook shabbat food in the morning bc I cant accomplish with my kids around. I bathe myself (since my baby never goes to sleep at night) and the baby. Try to spend some time with my husband, clean up. And I want the 2 yr old's nap as down time for me. Also I guess since he wakes around 8/8:30 he cant fall asleep much before 2. But then I only put him in at 9:45 pm bc he cant fall asleep before then either. And he sometimes doesmt fall asleep for an hour then either! And one night this wk he was even up till 11:45 pm in bed. I feel I have no down time. And if I wake him up too early from his nap he is a real grump.
I feel like I need his nap time (I need to sleep myself! And I am soooo tired if I dont) but the late at night thing is getting out of hand. Advice????

frayda

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 6:02 am
My son will be three in a few months, and he sleeps about 12 hours a night - and if he's home (and not in preschool), he'll sleep about two hours during the day. Otherwise his nap is only about 30 minutes or none at all.

ChavieK

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 7:43 am
Smiley:) I feel for you. Note my post.I also have big kids so they will sometimes take him for a drive at 10 or 11pm.I sent him to a backyard camp which ends Fri:( He loves going & the girls who run it & I feel like I had a vacation.I am going to send him to school/playgroup for the days I work & am going to give myself a couple of extra hours.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 11:00 am
smiley, when is the earliest you can lie down? if its earlier than 2 you can change your childs schedule, by not giving him a nap one day. he'll be very tired (and of course grumpy), but try to push him till 7pm and he'll wake up earlier the next morning. then you can put him for a nap earlier too, that way he'll start going to sleep earlier for the night. it might take 2-3 nights to get him used to this schedule, but in the long run it'll be easier for you.

zigi

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 11:24 am
try to move up his nap. I makes a big differance, now that I am at home during the day I can put dd down at 12;00or 1;00 and she still goes to sleep at about 7;00, when I worked she used to sleep from 3;00-5;00 and then she went to bed at 8;00 till 9;30. try to keep him up one day. he will hopefully go to bed earlier then he will wake up earlier then you can change his naptime. also if he was active ie; went to the park on a hot day he might be tired enough to take an earlier nap. also after a late nap if he is active enough like going to the park he could go to sleep earlier. good luck!

Jo

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 11:31 am
Agree with making the afternoon nap a bit earlier
At the age of 2, my son slept from around 1-3 and then 7-7. If he woke up any later than 3, he would be up till all hours...

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 3:44 am
I also know that moving the nap earlier has the possibility of helping but it is likely I wont get a rest then, and by night time I will be a mess. Since I am busy cooking, cleaning etc all morning, if I continue through half his nap then I will be going straight through his bed time, since my husband works evening/night.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics