Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Iso mikva for utensils in Catskills

seeker

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 11:57 am
Know of one that's open to the public and convenient to get to?

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 12:13 pm
You don't need a mikvah. Just dip the utensils in a lake and wash them well afterwards.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 12:14 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
You don't need a mikvah. Just dip the utensils in a lake and wash them well afterwards.

this is what my family has been doing for forty years

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 4:20 pm
or a well

gumby

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 4:46 pm
South falls burg buy rite

seeker

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 4:53 pm
OMG I have been in the blasted city for so long now that I totally forgot about dipping utensils in the lake. We may have lost a few that way but I'll risk it. I'm in a new neighborhood here so will have to go looking for one.

Did Buy Rite use to be Save Rite? Or am I thinking of something else?

singleagain

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 5:04 pm
seeker wrote:
OMG I have been in the blasted city for so long now that I totally forgot about dipping utensils in the lake. We may have lost a few that way but I'll risk it. I'm in a new neighborhood here so will have to go looking for one.

Did Buy Rite use to be Save Rite? Or am I thinking of something else?

if you have a plastic laundry basket, or something like a laundry mesh bag, you can put the utensils in there then dunk the bag, as long as they aren't packed tightly, water should be able to get all around all the parts..

additionally, you can take them to the person mikvah... I'd just maybe call them, see if you can do it in the day, so you're not disrupting the evening hours...

also, if you dunk in lake... wash them very well with hot water before using them... lake water isn't the cleanest

speaking from experience.

greenfire

Post Fri, Jul 08 2016, 5:19 pm
have you checked if amazing savings has a keilim mikva ...

also they would have a little basket for cheap that you can use in the lake ... you just have to make sure the water touches every part of the item and falls into the basket [x3] & tie it to a string

amother
Blush

Post Sat, Jul 09 2016, 10:06 pm
I used to use the mikva at monticello to toivel things, the mikvah lady used to do it for me.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 9:37 am
it is currently called home shop in south fallsburg. they are very nice and let you toivel even if it wasnt purchased there.

seeker

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 11:24 am
amother wrote:
it is currently called home shop in south fallsburg. they are very nice and let you toivel even if it wasnt purchased there.

Thanks! That is really nice of them. Going to pay them a visit if I don't happen to pass by a lake soon Wink

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 1:48 pm
every bungalow colony should have a well that brings your water supply to your bungalows ... do a search & see if you can get easy access to that water ...

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 1:48 pm
Toiveling dishes in a lake is questionable.

http://www.kashrut.com/article.....ilim/

m) Tevilah should be done only in a kosher mikveh (some men’s mikvaos are not kosher for tevilas keilim). If a store has its own mikveh, one must inquire whether it is under the supervision of a competent rov. One may do tevilas keilim in the ocean as well. One who wishes to immerse utensils in a lake should consult a Rov.

greenfire

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 2:20 pm
singleagain wrote:

also, if you dunk in lake... wash them very well with hot water before using them... lake water isn't the cleanest ...

you do know that not so long ago keilim were dunked in the regular peoples' mikva - not the cleanest either

soap & hot water should always be used Drunken Smile

Mommy3.5

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 6:08 pm
Go to a lake...

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Jul 10 2016, 10:49 pm
amother wrote:
Toiveling dishes in a lake is questionable.

http://www.kashrut.com/article.....ilim/

m) Tevilah should be done only in a kosher mikveh (some men’s mikvaos are not kosher for tevilas keilim). If a store has its own mikveh, one must inquire whether it is under the supervision of a competent rov. One may do tevilas keilim in the ocean as well. One who wishes to immerse utensils in a lake should consult a Rov.

http://matzav.com/chicago-rabb.....ions/

You can tovel keilim in a lake that is natural rather than man-made.

Quote:
Q: We are on vacation and purchased a portable BBQ grill. There is no mikveh around, but we are staying near a lake. Can we use that lake to tovel the BBQ grate?
A: If you can confirm that the lake is natural and not man-made, you can use it to tovel your grate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries