Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo or RockStar?

Lilkingdom

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 1:53 pm
Does anyone here have the RockStar carriage? I love the bugaboo look and was told the RockStar is an exact immitation.

I'd like to hear some viewpoints on the bugaboo and rock star. Critics and comments are welcome!!

Maya

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 1:59 pm
I have the Bugaboo Gecko; never heard of the Rockstar.

The Bugaboo really is a great stroller. My husband calls it our Cadillac because it goes so smoothly. It's great if you need to bounce it up the stairs often; the wheels are not small enough to get caught under each stair.

mimsy7420

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 2:31 pm
From the research I did on strollers the Bugaboo is a smoother ride then the Rockstar and lighter. But the rockstart is half the price so you have to prioritize what you want in a stroller.

anon

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 2:52 pm
The rockstar is not half the price, but it is about $200 cheaper. The rockstar is heavier than the bugaboo.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 16 2007, 7:09 pm
after much research in that issue myself,I have chosen to get the bugaboo.lighter,easier to handle..remeber the bugaboo is the original,the rockstar is modeled after it..

shopaholic

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 7:17 am
I agree amother. And it's only a couple of hundred more. But, if you're tight for that extra $200, take the Rock Star. I'm sure it's great too.

Lilkingdom

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 7:48 am
Thanks everyone!!

Of course I wouldn't mind saving 200- but if it really makes difference and the Bugaboo is a lot better then it's worth it. I think I'll go with the original after all.

Mommy007

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 8:43 pm
omg im the person to talk to!

When I had my son I got the rock star bec. I said I dont need the bugaboo yada yada...

The hood was tiny...the wheels kept braking...long story short, we sold it!

I bought the bugaboo frog and love it!

People compare the two but you really cant. They are completely different strollers. Hardly any stores sell the rock star anymore because of the problem with the wheels. You made the right choice!!

EsaEinai

Post Sun, Mar 16 2008, 10:24 pm
I heard that the uppa baby is very similar to the bugaboo and is easier to fold. I personally have the orbit and love it- very smooth, very travel friendly, the list goes on and on...

GingerSpice

Post Fri, Mar 28 2008, 4:21 pm
Do you know if there are carseat adapters for the bugaboo gecko and if so for which companies?

nylon

Post Wed, Apr 16 2008, 4:28 pm
yes, Graco and peg perego (US) Maxi Cosi (europe). IIRC same adapters for cameleon and gecko.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics