Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help!! My babys drinking bath water
1  2  Next

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, May 14 2004, 12:53 pm
Anyone have any suggestions, my son has started to drink the bath water- how can I stop hm? I give him more toys etc... but seconds later his mouth is by the water again....

miriam

Post Sun, May 16 2004, 7:19 pm
One thing that works when kids put anything yucky in their mouth is when the parent says in a stern voice, "CCCCHHHHHH" or yucky or something to make the kid realize they should NOT be putting that in their mouth. Good Luck. Miriam

Yael

Post Mon, May 17 2004, 2:27 pm
offer him clean water in a cup or toy, whatever he's playing with.
I saw in parents magazine they were talking about disgusting things kids do, one was drinking bath water. they said nothing will happen to him, its not unhealthy in any way, just gross.
(another habit was eating off the floor, the chances of getting sick that way, are very very small.)

micki

Post Tue, May 18 2004, 8:15 pm
don't worry about it- he's doing it because he get a rise out of you. ignore it and it wil go away. even more, put alot of soap in the water, becasue of its alkaline properties it tastes bitter. he won't drink it once it tastes gross. it won't hurt him at all.

Smiley

Post Sun, Jul 04 2004, 12:39 am
How about pouring some lemon juice or vinegar in the water?

Yael

Post Sun, Jul 04 2004, 11:02 am
please dont do that. it will sting his eyes when you wash his head.

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Jul 04 2004, 1:56 pm
dont worry, I wouldn't.
actually, this problem got solved on its own, my baby just stopped doing it-= it must have been a phase..

miriam

Post Thu, Jul 15 2004, 11:20 pm
Not to make people to crazy but I read that the bath and pool toys can be full of bacteria and need to be washed and (air) dried after every use. As if we don't already have enough to do!!!!!!!!!!

supermom

Post Tue, Jul 27 2004, 12:18 pm
Babies are always going to be babies. Babies put things in their mouth so they can feel the texture and all. Maybe your baby is trying to experment on what happens when he blows, drinks etc. in the water. You never know it could be a phase.

Rivka

Post Sat, Jul 31 2004, 4:22 pm
I find when there is loads of bubbles in the bath from his bubble bath my son doesn't like the water coz the bubbles get in his nose.
BUt yes you have to make sure to take water out of bath toys and let them dry, I have a bath net and I find it does a good job of airing the toys.

Yael

Post Sun, Aug 01 2004, 9:54 am
as for letting the toys air dry its very important not to get moldy but I have a net and it doesnt always help b/c some toys hold water anyways like the inside of the rubber ducky gets full of water then I found that it gets a black layer of mildew inside it. how can I get it out?

micki

Post Sun, Aug 01 2004, 4:51 pm
talk about mildew- each time we went to bathe the kids, we started out with sparkling clean water. once the kids were in there would be this gross black pieces all over the tub! we'd drain and start all over again. again the black peices. each time we bathed the same story. we called our landlord, we called our plumber- nobody could figure it out. one day one of the kids played with yes the rubber ducky and it left black spots all over his mouth!!!! we finally figured out whenever the ids squeezed the toys the black junk would come out!
I threw away all the soft squeezables. but I throw all the toys int o the washing machine with HOT water and disinfectant- and every thing, except for the squeezables com out sparkling clean!

Rivka

Post Wed, Aug 04 2004, 3:07 pm
Yes I have the rubber ducky syndrome too, I got a few and only one I used in the bath and after I found you can see black inside and I threw it out.
I even squirted the water out after his bath and it wouldn't get rid of all the water or the black stuff, it's stuck in and isn't hygenic. But I also have other rubber toys that get water in them but they are make of a softer plastic and they are made to squeeze to spray the water and those toys I have had no problem with coz you squeeze it and all the water comes out, the rubber ducks are too hard. Unless you get a softer rubber duck or there is one that has no air holes and therefore doesn't let water in and so doesn't mould.

Rochel Leah

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 5:15 pm
He stopped drinking the watrer, but now he dips his whole face into the water he gets a fright comes up, starts cryiong and then two minutes later , he does the whole thing again.

miriam

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 6:23 pm
I had an idea recently that I wanted to share. When I finish with a plastic container with a cover, e.g. chocolate syrup, cocoa, I put it in the dishwasher and convert it into a bath toy. When the "toy" gets mildewy or gross, we can just throw it out and not feel bad. My new idea of bath toys.

ForeverYoung

Post Tue, Nov 02 2004, 7:11 pm
Rochel Lea, he is a riot!!!!

Yael

Post Wed, Nov 03 2004, 1:51 pm
the covers for shaving cream bottles work well as bath toys too, they are little cups!!

zuncompany

Post Wed, Nov 03 2004, 3:27 pm
okay, Zu is doing it now. Only problem is the soapier it is, the more he likes it.
Sara

princessmommy

Post Mon, Feb 21 2005, 11:47 am
I had the same prob- I told him not to drink the water from inside the bath, but I also offered him a clean lego with water from the tap. He knows that he can hand me a lego and I will give him water,and he doesnt care to drink the nasty water anymore.

lucy

Post Tue, Feb 22 2005, 12:37 pm
Rochel Leah SZ is just too cute!Maybe he'll learn to swim early less of a fear for the water!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics