Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
AMA about Tosh
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 1:56 pm
I do know some and of course the ppl that from here to Montreal and these few woman that work in belz.

Deep

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 2:00 pm
Is it easy to find transportation into the city? I always see groups of women waiting for vans on Parc Avenue.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 2:06 pm
My aunt and her kids live in Tosh. We have visited on occasion. It seemed to me like a real shtetl. (Admittedly it was a long while ago).
The residents were friendly and nice, but ultra sheltered and frum. Yiddish speaking only, many girls wore braids.
Beige, is being on the internet and on a social media site considered a big no?

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 3:44 pm
How is Tosh different than any other chassidus? Never heard of it before imamother..

sourstix

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 5:19 pm
so how do you live in tosh and have internet?! oh my gosh! I am just stunned. dont take it personally. its super surprizing when I see something like this. I always thought tosh was very farfrimt. I am speachless

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 5:31 pm
I live in montreal and go to tav (a jewish college) every day a van full of tosher ladies come to tav. I have quite a few in my class. I am amazed that although they live in a secluded shtetl, and specifically lead a sheltered life, all these women are intellectual and I have learnt a lot from getting to know them. (specifically in health related and chinuch related matters) they lead a simple life, devoting themselves to their children.
One lady once was describing how when she bakes, she right away cuts the cake, cookies in half and sends to her neighbors, friends, family etc. there is a certain close bond these ladies have because they live secluded.
The previous Tosher rebbe was a big tzaddik, to see him and get a brocha from him was a zechus.

Deep

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 5:34 pm
Indigo, I was wondering about Tav. I met a Tosh woman coming off the city bus who told me that she was coming from Tav. I was surprised and wondered if she was an anomaly. You just clarified that for me! ITA about the Rebbe being a malach.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Jul 25 2016, 6:00 pm
Do u REALLY think that in a place (yes even a shtetl) 400 families ppl live the same way ?? I see that for a little naive. My life experience taught me that evereywhere thers all kinds.
Everyone has the right yo be an individual and choose there own path in life.

chickpea_salad

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 7:04 am
Beige, could you answer some of my earlier questions?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 7:21 am
chickpea_salad wrote:
What other minhagim do you have? What is your Pesach like? I see Kiryas Tash has a Hatzola, do you do a lot of medical chesed? Do you have Tosher doctors? Are women mostly SAHMs?

How many Tosher Hasidim are there outside of KT?
there's definitely many many to she chassidum around the world .by many its mostly the men traveling in for a yom tov or tish like on chol hamoed or rosh chodesh tishor of course for a brache. Yes most woman are sahms. We spend much more time with our kids then city ppl our life isn't so rushed and busy running.......

chickpea_salad

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 8:41 am
I hear there are no pets in Tash? Do people garden? Is there a shortage of housing? Do toshe daven in other Shuls or only toshe ones?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 9:39 am
Having relatives in tosh, and I'm traveling a lot to tosh for simchos and chaim, my father and family are big tosh chasidim even from the new rabbi. from what I know it's a nice beautiful place very worm to others and of course to there own people, they are used to take in guest all the time it's a place people are always coming to, yes most of the women I know are shams. chesed is on the highest level possible, they have there own organizations like hatzulah, chavierim, shomrim, chased, and more. the old rabbi was always there for an other one so dose his son the new rabbi and chasidim trying to follow.
lots of pro's to live in such place they live together and they care for each other like one big family, competition is not that big as city life, life if not as expensive as city. With this it comes of course some con's as well, like hard to get to shopping, and since there is no competition the school and chaider taking advantage, most people there have lot of family in new York meaning having to travel to simchos a lot.
Otherwise it's a normal place with normal human beings living a little more sheltered .
from what it sounds here I understand there is some here that can't relate to the fact that in 2016 there is still people living in a place together without including the chaos of today's world, but yes it's a fact normal, worm, loving, down to earth people.

Beige would definitely be the one for more details

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 9:39 am
Chagim*

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 10:28 am
The women in tosh have to dress ultra tzniusdig. I believe most if not all women in tosh wear thick black tights from age 12, called black zocken. And they don't wear wigs after marriage but wear something called shpitzel.
There is absolutely no English reading material read on shabbos even Jewish mags. Not sure about having those at home in general tho.

Deep

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
The women in tosh have to dress ultra tzniusdig. I believe most if not all women in tosh wear thick black tights from age 12, called black zocken. And they don't wear wigs after marriage but wear something called shpitzel.
There is absolutely no English reading material read on shabbos even Jewish mags. Not sure about having those at home in general tho.

Not quite. Some wear shpitzels, but many wear a hat on a shaitel. Only some families do the braids/ black tights. The young tosh women I see in the streets of Montreal are often trendy and indistinguishable from other mainstream chassidishe women.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 11:33 am
I didn't have children for 4 years. I went to the previous Rebbe for a brocha, didn't pay anything. Nine months later my son was born. Never saw a bigger tzaddik.. The shechina was on his face...

Blessing1

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 1:25 pm
I know afew women that live in tosh & they don't wear shpitzels. They are way me trendier then me from New York!

chickpea_salad

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 4:46 pm
On the Kyrias Tash website there are photos of women, black and beige tights, shpitzels, shaitels and turbans all seem to be worn.

Also, there are photos of women on the website.

cnc

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 4:48 pm
chickpea_salad wrote:
On the Kyrias Tash website there are photos of women, black and beige tights, shpitzels, shaitels and turbans all seem to be worn.

Also, there are photos of women on the website.

Kiryas tosh has a website?
What is it?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Jul 27 2016, 4:55 pm
Kiryas tosh website ?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics