Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Which candidate will most Chassidishe Rebbes endorse?
Previous  1  2  3

Which Presidential candidate will most Chassidishe Rebbes endorse?
Clinton  
 37%  [ 35 ]
Trump  
 62%  [ 59 ]
Total Votes : 94

Maya

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
Agree! Programs Programs Programs.

I don't know. Most come from a local level, not federal.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 9:52 am
Maya wrote:
I don't know. Most come from a local level, not federal.

Funding/allocating/ideology comes from federal.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 10:20 am
To echo what others have said:
Rebbes / chasidishe mosdos do not endorse presidential candidates. PResidents have very little effect on local laws / grants etc so there is little to gain from taking a stand.
That being said, after reading this week's Mishpacha I actually feel okay with Trump winning; he may be an idiot but he surrounds himself with smart people and his advisors/cabinet members will direct policy. However it seems HIllary will win....

Maya

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:03 am
Mama Bear wrote:
To echo what others have said:
Rebbes / chasidishe mosdos do not endorse presidential candidates. PResidents have very little effect on local laws / grants etc so there is little to gain from taking a stand.
That being said, after reading this week's Mishpacha I actually feel okay with Trump winning; he may be an idiot but he surrounds himself with smart people and his advisors/cabinet members will direct policy. However it seems HIllary will win....

His staff is made up of equally hotheaded, unstable, lying idiots. Anyone who buys this argument is obviously ignorant of what's really happening. Also, how could anyone believe that an egomaniac like him would listen to advisors and what they have to say?! He always does, and always will do, only whatever HE wants to, no matter what anyone tells him.

Maya

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:14 am
(To the poor pathetic women who are inappropriately hugging my posts: may I suggest some intense therapeutic help for you? Seems you have some really serious issues, and I feel bad that you need to give out your aggressions like this. There must be more constructive ways that you can try to heal from whatever trauma you are suffering from. I strongly urge you to seek help and hope you feel better soon).

sourstix

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:54 am
Maya wrote:
His staff is made up of equally hotheaded, unstable, lying idiots. Anyone who buys this argument is obviously ignorant of what's really happening. Also, how could anyone believe that an egomaniac like him would listen to advisors and what they have to say?! He always does, and always will do, only whatever HE wants to, no matter what anyone tells him.

Maya your post is spot on. The people who don't see this are not educating themselves properly. Not to say Hillary is great either. Tho she's the lesser of two evils. But let me just advise some people I think have not gotten something here. Please do yourself a favor and listen to both candidates with an open mind. Go to the main news sites listen to the radio and tv. Get yourself educated then form your opinion. When you listen to democrates and repub. and use your own mind to decide instead of only one side you will have a real decision. Not based on one side only. Mishapacha is one sided. Your not getting the real stuff. Tv and radio will give the most exposure to understand what is going on. There is no way you can form your opinion otherwise. Jewish publications are not gonna do a decent job.

sourstix

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 11:58 am
That's why it's laughable that pp read Jewish publications and make their decision. Or just listen to what the askanim tell them. It's a free country. Get your facts straight and do what is right. Don't go blindly. This just vote for who will give you more programs is sad and pathetic. U can seriously harm yourself by not educating yourself and just going with that mindset

happyone

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:33 pm
Sorry
But whoever your reb be is, he should have no say in your INDIVIDUAL voting decisions

Simple1

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 1:39 pm
sourstix wrote:
Maya your post is spot on. The people who don't see this are not educating themselves properly. Not to say Hillary is great either. Tho she's the lesser of two evils. But let me just advise some people I think have not gotten something here. Please do yourself a favor and listen to both candidates with an open mind. Go to the main news sites listen to the radio and tv. Get yourself educated then form your opinion. When you listen to democrates and repub. and use your own mind to decide instead of only one side you will have a real decision. Not based on one side only. Mishapacha is one sided. Your not getting the real stuff. Tv and radio will give the most exposure to understand what is going on. There is no way you can form your opinion otherwise. Jewish publications are not gonna do a decent job.

I agree with some of what you're saying, but there's a lot of bias in the secular media too.

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 7:33 pm
His vice presidential candidate and some of his current advisors seem to check out. I dunno.
Lmaaseh, לב מלכים ושרים ביד ה' and ultimately He is the one WHo knows who should pre the next PRez.

Maya

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 7:54 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
His vice presidential candidate and some of his current advisors seem to check out. I dunno.
Lmaaseh, לב מלכים ושרים ביד ה' and ultimately He is the one WHo knows who should pre the next PRez.

The VP candidate seems to be nothing more than a puppet in the shadow of Trump, and his top advisor is a friend of Putin.
I'm surprised you don't know this and are taking Mishpacha's word for it.

amother
Wheat

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 7:57 pm
And even Indiana, known for its high amount of conservatives, despised him. He would have likely lost his next election there had he not been nominated as VP.

WhatFor

Post Sun, Jul 31 2016, 10:38 pm
Here's the transcript of an interview DT did recently with George Stephenapolous:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics.....20870

Here's a transcript that DT also did not so long ago with the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07.....?_r=0

These are his own words on Russia, Foreign Policy, etc. This way people can read for themselves what his viewpoints are.

By the way, regarding the questions about "America First", they're asking DT about an organization that did not want the US to join WWI, and ultimately blamed the Jews, (as well as the British and Roosevelt) for pulling the US into the war. At an America First rally, after the US declared war, Charles Lindbergh said this:

Quote:
It is not difficult to understand why Jewish people desire the overthrow of Nazi Germany. The persecution they suffered in Germany would be sufficient to make bitter enemies of any race. No person with a sense of the dignity of mankind can condone the persecution the Jewish race suffered in Germany. But no person of honesty and vision can look on their pro-war policy here today without seeing the dangers involved in such a policy, both for us and for them.

Instead of agitating for war the Jewish groups in this country should be opposing it in every possible way, for they will be among the first to feel its consequences. Tolerance is a virtue that depends upon peace and strength. History shows that it cannot survive war and devastation. A few farsighted Jewish people realize this and stand opposed to intervention. But the majority still do not. Their greatest danger to this country lies in their large ownership and influence in our motion pictures, our press, our radio, and our government.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics