Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
For pro-Israel trump supporters

fmt4

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 5:55 pm
I think this article articulates why being a single issue voter doesn't work, and why voting for Trump EVEN IF he does end up being pro-Israel still isn't right.

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com.....rael/

tzatza

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 6:12 pm
"If you defend Trump, and every sickeningly immoral act he does, you are being anti-Israel. Maybe not in terms of preservation, but in a much more important way: in terms of your soul. And in terms of the soul of Israel."
Whow. This guy is off base. Yes, he is entitled to his opinion. Yes, to his credit, he did state that he hates Trump from the get-go, so no one would expect him to say anything positive, but man, my jaw dropped reading this paragraph. Thank you for caring for my soul so much. Never thought that lying was a Jewish value. Otherwise, he can make same argument against Clinton: "In other words, even if Trump is “good” for Israel (which he isn’t, but whatever), he is against all the good things Israel stands for. His values are not just un-American, they are the opposite of most Israeli values." May I ask what he means by "his" values? Putting security of his countrymen first (oh, yeah, imagine Netanyahu daring to speak and say to the world: "I don't care that you want me to allow all Palestinians refugees from 60 years ago back into Israel. My job is to keep my people safe! hmmm)?, wanting people to have better jobs, securing borders, upholding (not re-interpreting) Constitution through Supreme Court nominations, etc, etc. Of course, all of those ideas are not Jewish/Israel values, but morally sickening acts.
I would also like to ask this gentleman to enumerate the "every sickeningly immoral act" Trump did/does. I mean "act", not verbal sparring (I do agree with some, but not with others).

WhatFor

Post Wed, Aug 03 2016, 7:32 pm
fmt4 wrote:
I think this article articulates why being a single issue voter doesn't work, and why voting for Trump EVEN IF he does end up being pro-Israel still isn't right.

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com.....rael/

I just read that article from beginning to end and I love it. Thank you for sharing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics