Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Shoes for 7th grader

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 2:09 am
What school shoes are in style for a 7th grader? She's been wearing the venettini loafers for a while but is that STILL the thing for her age? Isn't see getting a bit old for that? She wears an adult show size.What about cute oxfords?

What about shabbos shoes? She had ankle strap this summer.

Please don't tell me to just get what she wants. She'll pick what she wants but she likes to stay in style. We're not in NY so we can't just go to the stores to check it out either. We often have luck on Amazon or DSW at this point anyway, I'd just love some advice about this season. I've been working so hard this summer that I haven't had time to step into any store and feel like I've had my head in the sand for a while!

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:09 am
Bump now that it's not the middle of the night! Amazon is calling Very Happy

isrmss91

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:28 am
My seventh grader totally wants oxfords. We found a dark grey suede pair at TJ maxx. Not crazy that they are suede. I know she will destroy them, but insisted she will take care of them and spray them with a waterproof spray. She is size 10 ladies, so it's is hard to find something that does not look matronly.

Doesn't Venettini make oxfords? I think they have a website, but the shoes are in European sizing. Just check and good luck with your tween.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 9:45 am
Try Nordstrom.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 10:26 am
All of the super fashionable high brands like Prada are showing variants of Oxfords but whether that has reached a particular area, who knows.

If you take a look at shoes being offered by super high end stores online or even just go to the Prada website or net a porter website, you can get an idea of what is trending and then replicate at lower price point. Net a porter is particularly helpful as the models are dressed in outfits so yu can get an idea of how styles look with skirts.

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 8:18 pm
Thanks ladies. I had actually suggested Oxfords to my DD this morning before I even saw your responses and she LOVED the idea. LOL she's got her pulse on what's happening! I saw much cheaper ones on Amazon that were cute. I'm not sure on the quality so I assume shell go through multiple pairs but her foot grew so much last year and if that continues....!

What about shabbos shoes? Still the ankle strap or just nice flats?

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 16 2016, 8:35 pm
The full on Valentino rockstud she might be a bit much but maybe yu can find a knockoff of this variant which is more subtle.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Va.....30585

http://www.shopstyle.com/brows.....flats
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics