Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does anyone of free trips to Israel for young people?

rimon613

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 2:38 pm
Does anyone know of organizations that take young people who want to learn about their heritage on a trip to Israel for free? Someone asked me but I don't know of any and I don't think birthright would help them learn about their Jewish heritage.

daagahminayin

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 3:00 pm
Are they frum? Are they in college?

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 3:07 pm
http://israelinks.org

They have scholarships.

Or Birthright with Mayanot, and stay for 2 more weeks to learn at Mayanot for $99 (I think).

cm

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 5:51 pm
Birthright includes several trip organizers under Orthodox auspices. You could inquire about the details of the trips to see if they meet your requirements.

trixx

Post Sun, Aug 28 2016, 9:59 pm
Birthright thru Mayanot

Amarante

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 9:46 am
Why are you suspicious of birthright. Their mission is to make young Jewish people more aware and they have groups for every different level from secular to observant. I know several kids who went and had great and moving experiences.

Do yu mean the kids don't have proof of their status as Jews because obviously they need to make sure people aren't just attempting to get a free trip.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 12:57 pm
The Akiva Trip

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 1:09 pm
I believe Lori Palatnik has an organization for women. I don't know if the trips are free or subsidized. I can try to do a search for contact information.

ETA:
http://www.jwrp.org/people/lori-palatnik

gp2.0

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 2:31 pm
Amarante wrote:
Why are you suspicious of birthright. Their mission is to make young Jewish people more aware and they have groups for every different level from secular to observant. I know several kids who went and had great and moving experiences.

Do yu mean the kids don't have proof of their status as Jews because obviously they need to make sure people aren't just attempting to get a free trip.

Agree, I went on birthright and it was a great experience.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 2:32 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
Agree, I went on birthright and it was a great experience.

Same.
OP, find out if NCSY or other such organizations are doing any tours through Birthright.

amother
Jade

Post Mon, Aug 29 2016, 5:16 pm
I have also been wondering this.. I am a 29 y/o BT and missed my opportunity to do Birthright - aged out Sad
Does anyone know of any free or subsidized trips for frum women who have never been? Lorie's trip that someone mentioned is for non shomer Shabbat ppl.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics