Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
How much coffee do you drink?
1  2  Next

Mrs. XYZ

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 12:28 pm
Are you an addict? 2-3 cups a day? once a day? or never?
regular or decaff only?

I drink one a day, in the morning before getting dressed. without it I would be 'sleeping' all day!

stargazer

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 12:35 pm
Coffee is one thing I really don't like! I have tried it many times, different flavors, but I just can't drink it. None of my family can understand how its possible. So I live on water for energy!

Tehilla

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 1:13 pm
8) 2-3 cups. my DH and I really like coffee. I would drink more but feel like there is a healthy limit!

Rikola

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 1:23 pm
Mmmm. Coffee. We brew up a pot of decaf every morning. So that's one or two cups right there. Sometimes I'll hit Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts for coffee during the day. Not an addict, but a fan. I like mine light and sweet ... Smile

Last edited by Rikola on Sun, Aug 26 2007, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mitzvahmom

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 1:24 pm
I was told by my natural path to avoid coffee at all costs..

But if ness, only drink at most 1-3

lubcoralsprings

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 1:44 pm
too much to post

boruchhashem

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 2:42 pm
On a normal day 1-2. After I broke my fast tisha b'av, I needed 3 right there. Go figure. LOL

MommyLuv

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 2:52 pm
I used to drink 1-2 cups a day of strong brewed coffee but I stopped a few months ago cuz the combination of caffeine's effects and pregnancy irritability was really terrible... shock ...

And it was giving me very bad headaches for some reason, too. Dunno why, I was always a coffee drinker before I became pregnant...

Now, I'll have some green tea a few times a week...calming, with just the right amount of caffeine... Wink

ltlesmartmom

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 2:55 pm
The more the merier...

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 4:07 pm
Drunken Smile ... Hello my name is Greenfire & I am an addict Nervous

I used to only drink defaf on shabbos or coffee socially ...

however over the past several years ... my expresso ... I drink strong & hard ... cafe con leche ... yes everyday ...

mimivan

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 5:47 pm
Mitzvahmom wrote:
I was told by my natural path to avoid coffee at all costs..

But if ness, only drink at most 1-3

Hey, coffee's natural. Drink organic coffee! 8)

mimivan

Post Sun, Aug 26 2007, 5:53 pm
greenfire wrote:
Drunken Smile ... Hello my name is Greenfire & I am an addict Nervous

I used to only drink defaf on shabbos or coffee socially ...

however over the past several years ... my expresso ... I drink strong & hard ... cafe con leche ... yes everyday ...

Greenfire: You know espresso has a lot less caffeine than filter? Con leche is actually good because it contains some milk to make up for the calcium-sucking caffeine.

Coffee is one of my favorite topics. Never been able to kick it (kicked cigarettes before I got married...used to smoke on the roof of my seminary in Meah Shearim..shhh! don't tell anyone! (don't think the rabbi saw us) . By the time I made teshuvah, was down to one a day!)

Anyway, I drink Nescafe red label decaf..Strong black two sugars....three a day. In the morning, I put some instant real coffee in and now at night since I am weaning. It still doesn't quite amount to a full caffeinated cup a day.

I thought I was going to mad that everyone drinks instant here in Israel. Still fantasizing about getting my own beans, grinder and French Press...but that would look a little decadent in our neighborhood...

Thanks for starting this thread....

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 6:24 am
Yes I am a True Addict and I realized it during the 9 days when I weaned myself off caffeine so I could get thru Tisha B'Av without the excruciating cafeine-withdrawal headaches.

Just like an alcohol or drug addict, I thought about coffee all the time. I thought about how I needed it - how much I wanted it to perk me up - how I would have so much more energy if I had it.

Oy vey, I used to just have 2-3 cups a day, but I was truly addicted.

Of course I started back on coffee after the fast, but I'm trying to limit to only one cup in the am. Sometimes I'll have a decaf in the afternoon if I really want the coffee taste.

Not looking forward to weaning myself again after Rosh Hashana to get ready for Yom Kippur - especially since I'll just be going back to work then (in a school).

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 8:38 am
mommy2be wrote:
Coffee is one thing I really don't like! I have tried it many times, different flavors, but I just can't drink it. None of my family can understand how its possible. So I live on water for energy!

SAME HERE Smile

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 9:17 am
mimivan wrote:
greenfire wrote:
my expresso ... I drink strong & hard ... cafe con leche ... yes everyday ...

Greenfire: You know espresso has a lot less caffeine than filter? Con leche is actually good because it contains some milk to make up for the calcium-sucking caffeine.

Coffee is one of my favorite topics. Never been able to kick it (kicked cigarettes before I got married...used to smoke on the roof of my seminary in Meah Shearim..shhh! don't tell anyone! (don't think the rabbi saw us) . By the time I made teshuvah, was down to one a day!)

I thought I was going to mad that everyone drinks instant here in Israel. Still fantasizing about getting my own beans, grinder and French Press...but that would look a little decadent in our neighborhood....

several things espresso is ground filtered coffee ... the leche balances out the strength ... shhh I'll keep your cigarette secret - which by the way yes coffee and cigarettes are pretty addictive ... and about that french press ... I use one and I also use it as a milk frother - decadent or not you deserve one ...

chavamom

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 9:28 am
I have my own espresso machine and have a morning latte daily. I really miss it on Shabbos. Any suggestions? So far the instants just don't cut it.

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 9:47 am
Cafe con leche for me. Usually just 1 a day. I heat up a pot of milk every morning. Everyone tells me I make the best coffee. I think if anyone makes coffee with hot milk it's the best!

greenfire

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 10:22 am
chavamom wrote:
I have my own espresso machine and have a morning latte daily. I really miss it on Shabbos. Any suggestions? So far the instants just don't cut it.

the french coffee press ...

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 10:25 am
I rarely drink coffee. When I do, it makes me too jittery. I'd rather be tired!

happyone

Post Mon, Aug 27 2007, 11:35 am
How many cups would render me an addict?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics