Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Kesser BY or Tiferes Chaya-Lakewood

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 8:20 am
We are looking into these 2 schools in Lkwd.
Can someone please tell me the difference btw. the two schools?

Chayalle

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 8:31 am
Try putting Lakewood into your title, you may get more responses that way.

I'm not really familiar with either of these schools....Hatzlacha.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 7:15 pm
Kesser is not chasidish but is more chasidish -yeshivish and heimish. I know a few that considered sending to bnos melech and ended up sending to kesser. They have up to 4th grade. 2 classes in k-1 The principal is considered to have experience she knows all her students well and the kids like her but parents have said she is a tough person to deal with. Kesser is probably easier to get in to.
Tiferes chaya is a chasidish school with mostly chasidish parents very nice school but since it has all grades until 8th and is small, it has only some parellel classes, it is very hard to get in. It is owned by reb. Leifer

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 7:30 pm
I would consider Tiferes Chaya to be more heimishly/culturedly Chassidish. Not particularly "frummer". The crowd is fancier. Keser Bais Yaakov, (now bnos hadassa), has what I would call a Chassidish yeshivish crowd, but there are very few ppl who are not at least heimish. In general it is a simpler crowd. Obviously, there is a lot of cross over. I don't think the parent bodies off the two sold are terribly different.

I send to TBY, and I love the principal and have never found her difficult. She is very into of the situation, knows what's going on with each kid, what their issues are etc., but she is not an alarmist and really works with the parents and values their input. The staff is also amazing, from the teachers to the most amazing secretary. I am b"h very happy.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 8:17 pm
Would anyone know if it's at all possible to get into older grades in these 2 schools?

amother
White

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 8:31 pm
kby does not have "simpler" families. I have a couple of friends that send there and they're all very balabatish shtreimel wearing types. they're all very happy.

I send to bais rochel and would be very comfortable sending to KBY, it has a really nice crowd.

SS6099

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 8:42 pm
Pm me if you have questions about Tiferes Chaya. We are thrilled with the school. KBY is an excellent school as well though!

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Oct 27 2016, 9:38 pm
amother wrote:
kby does not have "simpler" families. I have a couple of friends that send there and they're all very balabatish shtreimel wearing types. they're all very happy.

I send to bais rochel and would be very comfortable sending to KBY, it has a really nice crowd.

Your right that simpler is not the best term, but there is less pressure clothing wise, no fancy briefcases etc. And since I go to both of the schools events, it seems less pressured. But yes, but simple in a yeshivish or out of town way. Most moms dress nicely and are stylish, especially since it's a younger crowd. For the record, dh wears a streimel and has a full beard. We are Chassidish. I wear a wig a few inches past my shoulders and dress tzniusdikly. We do not allow our kids to watch anything at home, (Jewish or not, mostly for educational reasons), but we are fine with them watching when they go to family who does. I think we are pretty typical for the school. We would also fit into tiferes chaya our Bais rochel, although I think I (andfor sure dh) would feel more comfortable in Bais Rochel.

Either way, apply to all schools that may be an option as it is hard to get into any of them.

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Oct 28 2016, 9:15 am
Sorry to hijack this thread. Does anyone know if it's possible to get into the older grades? Were considering moving to lakewood and I think we would fit into these 2 schools.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Nov 14 2016, 8:13 am
OP here. Thank you everyone for the information you gave it really helped me out.

amother wrote:
Sorry to hijack this thread. Does anyone know if it's possible to get into the older grades? Were considering moving to lakewood and I think we would fit into these 2 schools.

The only way to know is to try. G'luck.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Dec 05 2016, 10:11 am
Did anyone from Kesser BY have their interview or get a call back for an interview already?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics