Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bunkbeds
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

gryp

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 5:35 pm
Interesting point, southernbubby, I haven't thought about that yet. No matter, I'll figure it out. I did it when I was little and I'm still young. Wink

amother

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 5:41 pm
Quote:
GR wrote:
Quote:

Now I'm asking you, amother, if you're toddler sat nicely in the stroller and high chair, would you strap him in each time anyway?

As I said, it has to do with parenting strategies.s.

Yes, I do strap my kids in the high-chair everytime they go in it. I can't run the risk that if I turn my back they might climb out and fall on their head. I am a very cautious parent with many childen but as Uncle MOishy says, "SAFETY IS MY NUMBER 1 PRIORITY!" OH and what does parenting stratagies have to do with safety? Wink

amother

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 5:47 pm
OH and FYI, I am the type of mother that attends my kids field trips, walks them on the bus (not waives as they walk from the stairs of the house to the bus), dosesn't give milk before a year, vaccinates, puts their kids to sleep on their back, keeps them in a car seat until they are 4'9....you know what I mean, I FOLLOW ALL THE RULES!

greenfire

Post Fri, Sep 07 2007, 7:14 pm
hey changes the sheets is a breeze ... once you get the hang ... the kiddies help spread from on top and you get the corners ... no climbing needed ...

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:02 pm
Quote:
Yes, I do strap my kids in the high-chair everytime they go in it. I can't run the risk that if I turn my back they might climb out and fall on their head. I am a very cautious parent with many childen but as Uncle MOishy says, "SAFETY IS MY NUMBER 1 PRIORITY!" OH and what does parenting stratagies have to do with safety?

Quote:
OH and FYI, I am the type of mother that attends my kids field trips, walks them on the bus (not waives as they walk from the stairs of the house to the bus), dosesn't give milk before a year, vaccinates, puts their kids to sleep on their back, keeps them in a car seat until they are 4'9....you know what I mean, I FOLLOW ALL THE RULES!

you obviously don't follow all of them because many of them contradict each other.

how many kids do you have again, and how old?
do you know the difference between the guidelines for safety purposes and the laws for safetly purposes?
none of your kids have ever unbuckled themselves from the high chair or jumped out of the crib?

don't make it seem like I don't follow safety rules, but once in a while my own common sense overrides someone else's.

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:07 pm
Quote:
OH and what does parenting stratagies have to do with safety?

depends if you want to raise a child who follows everyone else's ideas or a child who thinks for himself.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:13 pm
GR wrote:

Quote:

you obviously don't follow all of them because many of them contradict each other.
Oh really, which ones?
Quote:

how many kids do you have again, and how old?
More then you and a lot more years on you honey!

Quote:
none of your kids have ever unbuckled themselves from the high chair or jumped out of the crib?
Nope because I watch them while they are in the high-chair. The straps are there so that in case I turn my head for 20 seconds I know they are safe.

Quote:
don't make it seem like I don't follow safety rules, but once in a w.
I wouldn't say your "common sense" overrides safety rules. These rules are for a reason! Wink

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:18 pm
We're going in circles, amother. I've answered your questions at least five times. One day someone else's rules won't work for you anymore and you'll remember this thread.

Kol Tuv and a gut voch.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:19 pm
GR wrote:
We're going in circles, amother. I've answered your questions at least five times. One day someone else's rules won't work for you anymore and you'll remember this thread.

Kol Tuv and a gut voch.

I agree we are going in circles, obviously you don't see a need to follow standard safety procedures. Good luck and I hope none of your kids fall off their bunkbed! Wink

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:24 pm
Quote:
obviously you don't see a need to follow standard safety procedures.

you have a chutzpah to make false accusations, you know.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:26 pm
GR wrote:
Quote:
obviously you don't see a need to follow standard safety procedures.

you have a chutzpah to make false accusations, you know.
Scratching Head, wait wasn't this whole thread about why you don't feel standard safety procedures are necessary. I am not making any accusations. In fact you said yourself that you don't follow these rules? Man you confuse me... Scratching Head

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:34 pm
Do you read English?
Are you the same amother who used drugs?

southernbubby

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:34 pm
Man, I can't believe that this is still an issue. I mean man, she is going to change the sheets and tuck the kid in and so forth. Say laila tov and log off!

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:35 pm
Yeah, Man! Good Idea! Smile

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:36 pm
GR wrote:
Do you read English?
Are you the same amother who used drugs?

No, I don't read ENglish, that's why I am posting on this thread. Wink Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:37 pm
Some people have to accept that they are not always right. Wink

Even if every person on this board told me it was ok to eat treife today I wouldn't do it. The same applies with safety. I can't help it if people don't find the need to follow basic rules, but I still have to do what's right. Wink

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:38 pm
If you want to argue why something is or is not write you have to get your story straight, that's all I'm saying. Confused

southernbubby

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:44 pm
GR honey, I am afraid it's just going to be you and me against the world... Very Happy

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:54 pm
hey southernbubby, I appreciate you butting in here. Smile
ksiva v'chasima tova to you and a gut yar.

Amother, either English isn't your first language or you've read another thread and decided it was this one.

You haven't answered a single question but continue to attack me personally and make false accusations behind amother's coward shield with an annoying wink icon. From all your posts, the only thing I can gather about you is that you don't read or understand English well, don't use your own judgement when it comes to parenting but are quick to use it on others, and that you've used drugs. Perhaps it is all intertwined, I'll never know.

For the last and final record: I don't obsess my kids about SAFETY, I teach them about DANGER, and they understand and obey.

If you've gotten this far through my post, good night.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 9:57 pm
new amother,
not gonna attack you don't worry...
GR about the changing of the linen, be prepared that it is really hard especially if the bed is up against a wall and in a corner
Page 6 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics