Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bunkbeds
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 10:03 pm
GR wrote:

Amother, either English isn't your first language or you've read another thread and decided it was this one.

Quote:
I can't help it if you have nothing to go on so you need to make crazy accusations!

You haven't answered a single question but continue to attack me personally and make false accusations behind amother's coward shield with an annoying wink icon. From all your posts, the only thing I can gather about you is that you don't read or understand English well, don't use your own judgement when it comes to parenting but are quick to use it on others, and that you've used drugs. Perhaps it is all intertwined, I'll never know.

Quote:
I have answered all your questions and that is that safety is my number one priority. I can't help it if you're not doing the right thing, that's your own cheshbon.

For the last and final record: I don't obsess my kids about SAFETY, I teach them about DANGER, and they understand and obey.

Quote:
I am not saying you should obsess I said you should follow simple safety rules.

If you've gotten this far through my post, good night.
Wink Wink Wink

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 10:08 pm
Gr, take a deep breath! Wink

Just because I don't agree with you on safety doesn't mean I have not answered your questions. I will never agree with you and always follow safety rules. I will always hold my kids hand when they cross the street, put them in a car seat, watch them in the backyard when they play in their waiting pool, put safety locks on every door of my house to make sure they don't get into something dangerous. I am a cautious mother and I'm sorry if you don't agree with my tactics.

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 10:40 pm
amother wrote:
new amother,
not gonna attack you don't worry...
GR about the changing of the linen, be prepared that it is really hard especially if the bed is up against a wall and in a corner

Thanks amother for the thought. It can't be harder than changing a crib sheet, right? I think changing a crib sheet is one of the most annoying chores to do around the house. I think it should be easier to have to reach way up than having to reach all the way down into a crib.

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 10:48 pm
GR wrote:
Is there such thing as smaller bunkbeds? Still a twin-size but not as bulky, maybe?

Lets review!!! this GR's orignal post in this thread. she asks nothing about safety standards so amother give it a rest!!!

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 10:56 pm
hey Pickle, there are more important and interesting things going on than arguing about someone's distorted obsession with safety straps.
Want to meet at the park tomorrow with the kids?

justanothermother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 10:57 pm
re changing crib sheets. I switched to a foam mattress so I could easily lift it out to change the sheets and drop it back in again.

For making a bunk bed - I don't think I would consider putting my kids in one until they could change the sheets themselves up there and make the bed every morning. We had a bunk bed when we went away this summer. Not only was the top bunk a pain to reach to, the bottom bunk was even worse because I had to bend low to avoid hitting the upper bunk from the bottom

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:19 pm
GR wrote:
amother wrote:
new amother,
not gonna attack you don't worry...
GR about the changing of the linen, be prepared that it is really hard especially if the bed is up against a wall and in a corner

Thanks amother for the thought. It can't be harder than changing a crib sheet, right? I think changing a crib sheet is one of the most annoying chores to do around the house. I think it should be easier to have to reach way up than having to reach all the way down into a crib.

its been a long time since I had to change a crib sheet but I can't remember it being anywhere near as hard as changing the top bunk bed.
with the crib I used to lift up the mattress towards me, it was light enough to do that. with the bunk bed I have to climb up the ladder to do one corner then somehow manouver myself around the head of the bed sitting on the bed head and hoping I don't fall off, holding the matress on my lap as I get the other corner in.
the corner at the bottom away from the wall I sort of have to pull and tug till I get it in and the last corner tucked away into the corner of the room, the kid has to do themself and thats with a lot of coaxing whining.

that said, if you don't have a choice then you don't have a choice.

a high riser would be a pain every night whereas a bunkbed will be a pain only when you are changing the linen.

Pickle Lady

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:22 pm
GR wrote:
hey Pickle, there are more important and interesting things going on than arguing about someone's distorted obsession with safety straps.
Want to meet at the park tomorrow with the kids?

hey that might be a good idea.

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:25 pm
I actually do have a foam crib mattress, not the old kind I remember from my younger siblings' cribs, but a nice thick one with a plastic cover. You can't tell it's foam if you didn't know.
I do lift it up towards me but then the bumper gets loose and I have to retie the entire thing.

I'll figure out how an easy way how to make a bunkbed. I'll let you know. Smile

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:29 pm
Quote:
I'll figure out how an easy way how to make a bunkbed. I'll let you know.

Yes please do. for now the top bunk is empty as the oldest now gets a room of her own, but I'm still holding out hope that I'll be able to fill it again one day Smile

justanothermother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:40 pm
Why do you use a bumper?

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:43 pm
For a variety of reasons. The main one being, I guess, because the crib looks empty and uncomfortable without it.

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:46 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
I'll figure out how an easy way how to make a bunkbed. I'll let you know.

Yes please do. for now the top bunk is empty as the oldest now gets a room of her own, but I'm still holding out hope that I'll be able to fill it again one day Smile

IYH Hashem should answer your hopes. Smile

justanothermother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:52 pm
I bought a bumper when my first was born and it looked so pretty in the crib.... until she started sleeping in it. She would get herself wedged between the bumper and mattress, changing the sheet was a pain, and I could see no real benefit to it at all. It lasted about a week before I gave it away.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:56 pm
GR - you use a bumper???? shock
Here it goes again...

gryp

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:57 pm
well, I started using one because the baby would knock the pacifiers out of the crib and I had to keep picking them up. now my older one hasn't used a pacifier in about a year and a half and my younger one learned to throw the pacifier over the bumper Rolling Eyes.

justanothermother

Post Sat, Sep 08 2007, 11:59 pm
At least nobody is throwing their pacifier off the top of a bunkbed LOL

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 12:04 am
Well, my ds throws it over the bumper, but, when he was little he would just fall out when he was sleeping - I bought this "breathable" mesh thing that wraps around the crib.

gryp

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 12:04 am
Rolling Laughter
clever post! Twisted Evil

Mimisinger

Post Sun, Sep 09 2007, 12:07 am
yikes. he didn't fall out - the pacifier would...
Page 7 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics