Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help me figure out how to wear leggings fashionably
Previous  1  2

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
But then I come home and have people in my house that I need to be tznius in front of and want to look decent too, (guests etc)
I guess I could just keep doing what I'm doing and wear overlapping socks with the bump but I was hoping for a cooler look.
Maybe like this?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pini.....8.jpg

http://picture-cdn.wheretoget......e.jpg

Why don't they have a bump?

That's another option. Especially if you have skinny ankles. You can wear statement slouch socks that go over your leggings and deliberately show above your booties.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 3:10 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Because the sock is over the legging, and the legging ends under the boot.

Thank you Six, I wear leggings, boot socks and boots. But really how important is that bump with the socks at the ankles? Sometimes I wear ankle boots with the socks cuffed on the outside. Would I really be looked upon with distain if I wore this in NY? People need to get a grip. The world doesn't care if you have bump at your ankles, most of us don't even bother to look.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 3:20 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
Thank you Six, I wear leggings, boot socks and boots. But really how important is that bump with the socks at the ankles? Sometimes I wear ankle boots with the socks cuffed on the outside. Would I really be looked upon with distain if I wore this in NY? People need to get a grip. The world doesn't care if you have bump at your ankles, most of us don't even bother to look.

I highly doubt they would look at you with disdain. But the thought might flit through their head that what you're wearing looks all wrong. (Fashion wise)

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 3:28 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

We'd drive you to the border, or at the very least to Staten Island, and leave you there. New Yorkers take our ankle bumps very seriously.

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Dec 15 2016, 3:47 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
We'd drive you to the border, or at the very least to Staten Island, and leave you there. New Yorkers take our ankle bumps very seriously.

I really wasn't thinking clearly, it's pretty obvious with my cankles, I'd never be allowed to cross the Outer Bridge. Rolling Laughter

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Dec 16 2016, 9:51 am
amother wrote:
So the only trendy way to wear leggings is by showing skin at the ankle?

No wonder leggings are frowned upon.
And here I thought short socks with leggings (slightly overlapping to not show skin) was a cool look.

So much for my efforts to be tznius and trendy at the same time. Oh well. Sad

Maybe I'll wear tights with short socks instead. At least I won't have the bump.

The only difference between leggings and tights is the gap at the ankle. Since you want that part covered no one would even know that you're wearing leggings so there's nothing trendy about it. You should wear tights and solve all your problems at once. No bump, no ankle showing, no casual socks when guests come over. Leggings aren't for you.

mamushkadov

Post Fri, Dec 16 2016, 11:53 am
amother wrote:
But then I come home and have people in my house that I need to be tznius in front of and want to look decent too, (guests etc)
I guess I could just keep doing what I'm doing and wear overlapping socks with the bump but I was hoping for a cooler look.
Maybe like this?
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pini.....8.jpg

http://picture-cdn.wheretoget......e.jpg

Why don't they have a bump?

The first image you posted is, I'm pretty sure tights, which is why they look so smooth. They are just made of a different, warmer material.

The second image is worn with very thick socks and boots that would cover any bumps Smile

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Dec 16 2016, 12:05 pm
animeme wrote:
Can someone explain the whole "leggings no socks" thing? Leggings keep you warm. Then, no socks makes your feet cold. Or is that just me? Does anyone wear nude knee highs under the leggings for warmth?

When you're wearing leggings because you like how it looks and it's not too cold outside. Not necessarily wearing for warmth at all.

zaq

Post Fri, Dec 16 2016, 1:37 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:
I really wasn't thinking clearly, it's pretty obvious with my cankles, I'd never be allowed to cross the Outer Bridge. Rolling Laughter
LOL LOL LOL

SixOfWands

Post Fri, Dec 16 2016, 1:53 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

I've heard people here say that cankles are permitted in Chappaqua, if that helps.

MagentaYenta

Post Fri, Dec 16 2016, 2:08 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I've heard people here say that cankles are permitted in Chappaqua, if that helps.

Maybe Hil has a guest room I could use?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 3:02 pm
on the topics of fleece leggings.. what company do u buy?

I feel like the fleece leggings keep pimpling after a wash.

and what leggings do u recommend in general?

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 3:08 pm
amother wrote:
on the topics of fleece leggings.. what company do u buy?

I feel like the fleece leggings keep pimpling after a wash.

and what leggings do u recommend in general?

I buy some no name brand I can find at Kroegers at $4.99 a pair. I wash them inside out in a lingerie bag and hang dry, no pimples.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 3:48 pm
I don't see many people looking any good in leggin

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Dec 18 2016, 4:09 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I highly doubt they would look at you with disdain. But the thought might flit through their head that what you're wearing looks all wrong. (Fashion wise)

One of the things I've learned on Ima is that fashion is pretty much a regional issue. Here in the PNW people dress for weather, which is cold windy and wet in the winter months. I don't know anyone here who is concerned about what the folks in metro east coast areas think of their fashion choices. Yea there is always someone who thinks Uggs are cool looking until they get stuck in a rainstorm or the mornings snow and ice has turned to slush. Each to their own.

mommyofd1

Post Sat, Dec 24 2016, 10:09 pm
Forever 21 has very skinny cotton leggings, as does Target

lucky14

Post Sat, Dec 24 2016, 10:27 pm
mommyofd1 wrote:
Forever 21 has very skinny cotton leggings, as does Target

yeah I get the target Merona black leggings. I buy a couple pairs each year during the sales at Thanksgiving time (I wear leggings like every day so I wear mine out but these last through a lot). I find the Merona ones really comfy and they're pretty tight so you shouldn't have an issue of them being too loose.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics