Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
How much vacation does your child have over chanukah?
1  2  Next

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 5:09 pm
My daughter has school on sunday (we are in Israle) and then the rest of chanukah she has off.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 5:11 pm
My kids have off thurs, fri and sunday(boys).

Kumphort

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 5:12 pm
Is that their only winter break?
'My kids have off fri-Monday, which happens to not even be chanuka any more but because it's a legal holiday they attached it to Chanukah break. But they have a week offf st the end of Jan

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 5:14 pm
Kumphort wrote:
Is that their only winter break?
'My kids have off fri-Monday, which happens to not even be chanuka any more but because it's a legal holiday they attached it to Chanukah break. But they have a week offf st the end of Jan
Yes, that is the only winter break here in Israel. Not at the end of january, but chanukah.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 5:14 pm
Nope they have off sun-sun at the end of January
They don't get off for legal holidays

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 5:15 pm
amother wrote:
Nope they have off sun-sun at the end of January
They don't get off for legal holidays
huh? what about chanukah is a legal holiday?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 5:19 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
huh? what about chanukah is a legal holiday?

Nothing about chanuka it a legal holiday. Other poster said her kids are also off Monday even though it's not Chanukah because it's part of a legal holiday so I said my kids have school when there is a legal holiday

Raisin

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 6:19 pm
I send my kids to several different schools which have different philosophies about when to give off. Some give off for chanukah, others off for the non Jewish holiday (since they have non Jewish staff and teachers) I am thrilled that this year they all have off the same time, and its also the time we have off work. My kids have off for a week -2.5 weeks. My son in Yeshiva (dorm) has off the least, basically a long weekend. (and then they give off about a year for pesach Rolling Eyes)

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 7:26 pm
I only have boys and they are all off on Sunday Zos Chanukah. The small ones and the big ones. That's the only day!!! They have full days of school on regular Sundays.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 7:28 pm
London!! My kids have 2 weeks off.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 7:37 pm
2 days. Except my son; his school follows the public school calendar so it happens to be this year he's off the whole Chanukah.

cm

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 7:51 pm
The schools I am familiar with in our area (in the US) give the Monday of Chanukah for a long weekend.

amother
White

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 8:16 pm
Boys are off Friday and Sunday zos chanuka
Girls are off Wednesday- Friday

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 9:30 pm
Entire chanukah, plus a couple days before and after. (two weeks total)

BabsB

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 9:43 pm
In Missouri, USA, son goes to private Jewish day school. They have off Dec 16th through Jan 1st.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 11:15 pm
Raisin wrote:
I send my kids to several different schools which have different philosophies about when to give off. Some give off for chanukah, others off for the non Jewish holiday (since they have non Jewish staff and teachers) I am thrilled that this year they all have off the same time, and its also the time we have off work. My kids have off for a week -2.5 weeks. My son in Yeshiva (dorm) has off the least, basically a long weekend. (and then they give off about a year for pesach Rolling Eyes)

gosharuni ~ I used to hate that about my kids' schools ... who got off when & for how long ... it was all I could do from just going away whenever it seemed fitting for our family rather than the different ideations of vacation vs legal holidays vs yomim tovim ... some kids had school on chol ha'moed some years ... don't get me started on sundays when some had school and some did not

as for chanuka if I recall, they got off friday, sunday & monday ... or was it thursday, friday & sunday ...

amother
Red

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 11:38 pm
The schools around here usually give off just the Monday of Chanukah. Winter vacation is at the end of January.

Of course my daughter came home with strep so she'll be having an extra long weekend since she can't go to school tomorrow.

MitzadSheini

Post Thu, Dec 22 2016, 11:39 pm
I'm going to win this competition.

6 weeks.

Summer holidays.

amother
Teal

Post Fri, Dec 23 2016, 12:16 am
Our kids only have school 2 days of chanukah, Monday and Tuesday. They are off Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

mha3484

Post Fri, Dec 23 2016, 12:19 am
Thursday, Friday and Sunday for DS.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics