Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Dead sea, israel hotel needed

thinkermother

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 10:51 am
looking for info on where to stay in dead sea area. needs to be nice hotel not too expensive and serve kosher food. am I being unrealistic?
if meat isn't glatt ill stick to veggies and starch and dairy. any help appreciated

Teomima

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 11:14 am
Dh and I enjoy the Daniel hotel. Good discounts with fattal membership, a lovely spa, a jitney to a private beach, a funky bar and a bowling alley right in the hotel!

thinkermother

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 11:20 am
Teomima wrote:
Dh and I enjoy the Daniel hotel. Good discounts with fattal membership, a lovely spa, a jitney to a private beach, a funky bar and a bowling alley right in the hotel!

what about food?

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 11:21 am
is it worth going to the dead sea when it's cold or is it better to wait for warmer weather?

heidi

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 12:31 pm
All hotels that are part of hotel chains in Israel have rabbanut hashgacha.
You can ask the mashgiach whether or which the meat is chalak-- which means glatt.

Teomima

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 1:05 pm
As heidi said, hechsher on the food served in the main dining hall, don't remember if it's glatt (sorry, I'm a vegetarian!) Food is okay, normal hotel food. Decent selection.
My bad, it's a tamares hotel, not fattel, but still good discounts four members.
Dead Sea can be really nice in the winter. The water may be cold, but I've been in December and had a good time. But check the weather report first, there can be flash floods in the area.

thinkermother

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 7:53 pm
how about Shabbos in dead sea? is there minyan?

chanchy123

Post Sun, Jan 01 2017, 11:30 pm
thinkermother wrote:
how about Shabbos in dead sea? is there minyan?

In virtually all hotels in Israel there is a minyan every shabbat. If by chance there is no minyan at that specific shabbat (maybe the hotel is largely taken over by foreign tourists?) they will direct you to nearby hotels. The best thing to do is to talk to the mashgiach open arrival.
It is hard to find a non-kosher hotel in Israel. There are a few - but they will usually market themselves as boutique hotels - not large hotels in major tourist destinations.
You can get a shabbat key at the front desk, and they will usually also cut the light and AC sensors in your room when you request a shabbat key.
There is always an area to light shabbat candles.
Large hotels usually host shabbat events, so usually the minyan will be a bar mitzva or aufruf/shabbat chatan. Also many times the minyan will be sfardi with many traditional Israelis. The large hotels all have designated rooms for davening, with a sefer torah, sidurim, etc.

ETA
That I've been to the Dead Sea on vacation once - in the winter. It was nice enough out to go for a walk on the beach. We were there for a conference at the Daniel hotel, it was a nice hotel we had a good time. I don't think I really left the hotel for much more than a walk on the beach, but I was with a baby. I think there was also a kosher coffee shop in the small shopping center.
The hotels all seem to have large spas, pools, etc.

Shuly

Post Mon, Jan 02 2017, 10:53 am
Find out how close you will be to the separate beach, if you want to go there. Some of the hotels are not in walking distance to the separate beach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics