Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nail polish?
1  2  Next

Liora20

Post Tue, Jan 03 2017, 5:58 pm
Ok, this has likely been done before...

How many of you ladies wear nail polish?

And which colours?

I'm particularly interested in other Lubavitcher ladies answers but ALL welcome Very Happy

Just a fun topic, not a debate!

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:18 am
I wear.
I love all essie colors.
Currently I am favoriting purples and greys.

BrachaBatya

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:20 am
MO here. I wear it all the time and vary the colors widely.

jewwoman

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:21 am
I wear all the time. My fingers feel naked withoutx Rolling Laughter
My dh loves when I have bright funky colours. So whatever new colours I see I use. Usually do my own but for occasions I get them done. Purples pinks coral colour white blue green. U name it. Tongue Out

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:34 am
I've been wearing 100% of the time the last few years. Navy, red, peach, white...now I'm ready to take a break and go more natural. I'll still get manicures but either with no polish or with a sheer natural color like sugar daddy. I think I'm just sick of the colors Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:40 am
I absolutely adore Butter London nail polish. It's not cheap, but it goes on in one coat exactly like it looks in the bottle, and a manicure lasts twice as long as any other brand I've ever tried. Worth every penny, in my book.

They make a rose gold color that is simply stunning. Sophisticated but neutral at the same time, and easily goes from office work to an evening simcha.

Once I dropped a brand new bottle of BL polish on a tile floor, and it shattered. Seriously, I almost cried.

glamourmom

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:47 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I absolutely adore Butter London nail polish. It's not cheap, but it goes on in one coat exactly like it looks in the bottle, and a manicure lasts twice as long as any other brand I've ever tried. Worth every penny, in my book.

They make a rose gold color that is simply stunning. Sophisticated but neutral at the same time, and easily goes from office work to an evening simcha.

Once I dropped a brand new bottle of BL polish on a tile floor, and it shattered. Seriously, I almost cried.

sounds enticing. do you apply this yourself? doesn't need bottom coat?

cm

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:55 am
Clear, if I'm in the mood. I really wish I could find something like "Cutex Natural" from the olden days - clear with a light pink tint.

MO, if it makes a difference. My overall "look" is natural with little makeup.

ariellabella

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 11:28 am
cm wrote:
Clear, if I'm in the mood. I really wish I could find something like "Cutex Natural" from the olden days - clear with a light pink tint.

MO, if it makes a difference. My overall "look" is natural with little makeup.

If you don't mind spending quite a lot, Dior makes a beautiful one like this.

cm

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 11:40 am
ariellabella wrote:
If you don't mind spending quite a lot, Dior makes a beautiful one like this.

Thanks! Of course I'd rather spend $5 at the drugstore but it will be nice for a little splurge....

Liora20

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 1:38 pm
Great answers Smile
Pre frum days I wore all colours.
Nowadays I generally only wear on shabbes. But recently I've started doing it during the week, too. Only tan, reddish tan, sheer white and grey though.

smilealot

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 7:03 pm
I never used to until very recently. I've started trying to look after myself rather than treat myself as a shmatte.
Atm I have pink, but it's a bit bright for me.
I'll have to tone down next time. 😊

Water Stones

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 7:16 pm
Liora20 wrote:
Ok, this has likely been done before...

How many of you ladies wear nail polish?

And which colours?

I'm particularly interested in other Lubavitcher ladies answers but ALL welcome Very Happy

Just a fun topic, not a debate!

I'm Lubavitcher.
I love nail polish!
My favorite color now is "opalescence", its white with soft purple hue like a seashell. I buy it from dollar store!

gr8 mom

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 8:20 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Can u specify the name or a link of the product u use..?

LeahRivka

Post Wed, Jan 04 2017, 10:39 pm
gr8 mom wrote:
Can u specify the name or a link of the product u use..?

http://www.butterlondon.com/Nail/

Liora20

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 6:58 am
Seashells wrote:
I'm Lubavitcher.
I love nail polish!
My favorite color now is "opalescence", its white with soft purple hue like a seashell. I buy it from dollar store!

I can't help but notice how nicely that compliments your username Very Happy

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 8:56 am
glamourmom wrote:
sounds enticing. do you apply this yourself? doesn't need bottom coat?

I never use a bottom coat. With BL, I often don't even bother with a top coat. Their formulas are THAT good. It is easy to do your own nails with BL, because it goes on so smoothly.

I let DD play with dollar store nail polish, and we did our nails together yesterday. I just washed my hair this morning, and half of my manicure is already gone. How on earth can you chip off nail polish by doing your hair?

IMHO, cheap nail polish is only useful for tweens and craft projects, unless you enjoy changing your nail color every single day.

glamourmom

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 9:12 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I never use a bottom coat. With BL, I often don't even bother with a top coat. Their formulas are THAT good. It is easy to do your own nails with BL, because it goes on so smoothly.

I let DD play with dollar store nail polish, and we did our nails together yesterday. I just washed my hair this morning, and half of my manicure is already gone. How on earth can you chip off nail polish by doing your hair?

IMHO, cheap nail polish is only useful for tweens and craft projects, unless you enjoy changing your nail color every single day.

exactly. this is why I'm so excited to learn about BL. even when I get my nails professionally done with Essie and they do bottom coat, 2 color coats and a top coat it starts lifting after a day or two. so disappointing.
I cant wait to try this company. Thanks FF.

crush

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 12:05 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

What's the name of the rose gold color?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 12:55 pm
when I have time (not often, trust me) I get my nails done. Usually in the pink range, last week I was daring and got a gray-ish purple, it came out vey nice. I can't do my nails on my own Sad
Essie nail polish starts chipping after 3 days even when done at a salon and "week-long" OPI (liars) after 4 days and it costs $18.
Does this company really work? http://www.butterlondon.com/Nail/ and is it easy to apply?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics