Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nail polish?
Previous  1  2

baschabad

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 2:38 pm
I recently got a gorgeous manicure with a color called "I'm not really a waitress."
Someone had fun naming that one!

It's a bit of a xmassy red, but goes so well with my skin tone!

Liora20

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 2:39 pm
baschabad wrote:
I recently got a gorgeous manicure with a color called "I'm not really a waitress."
Someone had fun naming that one!

It's a bit of a xmassy red, but goes so well with my skin tone!

Very Happy that name!

BrachaBatya

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:11 pm
Funny to see the raves on Butter London nail polish. In my experience, the colors are amazing but they chip super fast! I have good luck with Essie.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 05 2017, 3:58 pm
I WISH I would do my nails but I have strange nails. The polish peels right off like a sticker. I've got my nails done professionally 4 times and each time the polish was peeling off within an hour. I got my nails done with my sister and hers lasted a week! I've tried doing it myself and my dear sis did my nails many times and we finally just gave up cuz it comes literally right off
I must have weird nails since more then one ML told me I need to remove my polish before tvilah and I wasnt wearing anything. They both apologized and mentioned my nails have a shine that looks like polish. So I enjoy checking everyone else's nails out but don't bother with myself anymore. There is no point.

Liora20

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 8:00 am
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I WISH I would do my nails but I have strange nails. The polish peels right off like a sticker. I've got my nails done professionally 4 times and each time the polish was peeling off within an hour. I got my nails done with my sister and hers lasted a week! I've tried doing it myself and my dear sis did my nails many times and we finally just gave up cuz it comes literally right off
I must have weird nails since more then one ML told me I need to remove my polish before tvilah and I wasnt wearing anything. They both apologized and mentioned my nails have a shine that looks like polish. So I enjoy checking everyone else's nails out but don't bother with myself anymore. There is no point.

Similar to you Sad
Not so bad in my case, but if I do mine thursday night they'll be chipped by the time shabbes starts.

2cents

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 9:42 am
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:

Try rubbing your nails down with pure acetone before polishing. You can also very lightly file the surface of your nail (kind of rough it up with s nail file). Another thing to try is a nail bonder rather than a regular base coat.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 9:49 am
Now I see the mixed reviews but I just got a bottle of butter London nail polish to try!
Side point: do you put on nail polish while pregnant?

SuperWify

Post Fri, Jan 06 2017, 10:53 am
amother wrote:
Now I see the mixed reviews but I just got a bottle of butter London nail polish to try!
Side point: do you put on nail polish while pregnant?

What's the concern? The fumes? I wear but I will refrain from gel manis.
I know some people who can't go into a nail salon while PG bec of the nails on the floor (I don't understand the sakanah if they are wearing shoes so I go.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics