Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can any Sheitel colorists give dyeing/highlighting advice?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 11:21 am
Is highlighting a Sheitel (myself) much harder than dying, which I did successfully?

I have a number of Sheitels that arent wearable as is, because they became way too brassy over time. Theyre not worth investing in a professional dye job, so if I mess up the Sheitel they wouldnt have been worn anyhow.

I never dyed a Sheitel myself until this week. Surprisingly, it came out really good, I just chose the wrong shade. The color I chose was not ashy enough to counteract the brassiness of the Sheitel. I think some highlights will correct the problem. Also the color is monotone and would benefit from highlighting.

Have any non professionals here highlighted their own Sheitels?

I read Amazon reviews of Highlighting kits, saying that the kits with the cap where you pull strands out of the cap, are tricky because you dont get to the roots, so it looks like a grown out highlighting job. I prefer some kind of brush on application.

Can anyone recommend what product to use for highlighting?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 6:32 pm
BUMP

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 6:52 pm
color is not so simple, and it is really easy to mess up. I'd watch 20 tutorials on youtube before thinking of attempting this

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jan 19 2017, 7:13 pm
amother wrote:
color is not so simple, and it is really easy to mess up. I'd watch 20 tutorials on youtube before thinking of attempting this

Like I mentioned above, I did the dye job for the first time this week, and it looks great! Im just looking for some highlighting advice now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics