Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Would you dump these?
1  2  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:34 pm
I have a fleishig Corelle dishes set that comes with 12 coffee mugs. We obviously never use them. We bought clear drinking glasses instead. Can I finally dump them after 8 years of collecting dust??

sequoia

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:37 pm
You never drink tea or some other non-milky hot beverage?

imasinger

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:38 pm
Put it out on freecycle or your local equivalent. Someone else might enjoy and use them.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:40 pm
Don't you ever serve coffee after dinner ?

If not, chuck 'em.

Signed

A hoarder who wishes there was someone to give her "permission" to chuck stuff out.

mfb

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:44 pm
If you live in the brooklyn area you can advertise it l'shem mitzvah in the torah times so that you don't have to feel bad throwing it out.

cozyblanket

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:54 pm
No tea ever? When you are sick? cold?

If not, freecycle or something similar.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 3:55 pm
Chuck them. Or post them on the giveaway Watsap group. Make sure to tell the people who respond first come first serve so it gets picked up quickly.

youngishbear

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 4:00 pm
If you've never used them at all you might be able to post them as parve and someone who doesn't have this set could use them for dairy.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 4:08 pm
I dumped mine

dee's mommy

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 4:57 pm
If you never use it for hot drinks, you can use it for pareve ice cream?

If not, don't "dump" them. Find a new home for them. Donate them so that someone else can use them.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 5:17 pm
amother wrote:
I have a fleishig Corelle dishes set that comes with 12 coffee mugs. We obviously never use them. We bought clear drinking glasses instead. Can I finally dump them after 8 years of collecting dust??
Why "obviously"? You never serve tea after a Fleishik meal? I have fleishik Corelle and use the mugs all the time. I don't have drinking glasses. I did once upon a time, but space limitations being what they are, I gave away the glasses, which couldnt be safely used with hot beverages, in favor of the mugs, which can tolerate both hot and cold. If you're so haute haute fancy that you won't serve beverages in a mug, why are you using Corellle? My guests have never complained about having to drink their juice out of a mug, but if your pals do, I think you should go the whole way and use only fine china. (Sarcasm alert.)

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 5:21 pm
cozyblanket wrote:
No tea ever? When you are sick? cold?

If not, freecycle or something similar.

I do drink tea, but will use parve clear mug or hot cup. And never drink non dairy coffee. So those cups are really ready to go!

shanie5

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 6:23 pm
I dumped mine but regret it. sometimes I just want a cup of soup instead of a bowl of soup. And no fleishy cup to put it in Sad

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 6:28 pm
This may sound awful.... but I gave mine as well as so many things I don't use to my cleaning lady.... every week she leaves with her pay plus some junk... but she's happy 🤔

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 6:29 pm
My meaty set of mugs that come with the dishes are well loved for desserts like applesauce and ice cream. But I use them at the Shabbos table and they are not Corelle.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 6:34 pm
amother wrote:
This may sound awful.... but I gave mine as well as so many things I don't use to my cleaning lady.... every week she leaves with her pay plus some junk... but she's happy 🤔

Haha. I had 4 glass dessert cups from some fancy tea party, made me so nervous on the counter waiting for a toivel, I just gave them to my cleaning lady. If she's happy, that's better then just throwing out no?

trixx

Post Wed, Jan 25 2017, 8:25 pm
amother wrote:

My mother has never once used her china mugs and saucers but "it's part of the set" so she can't toss. I bought open stock for this reason. Got clear glasses for meat and only 4 mugs for dairy.

Yes, you can get rid of them. As everyone else said, don't trash - sell or give away.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 12:23 pm
why throw them out ?! give them away ~ gosharuni

pizza4

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 12:33 pm
I got a set of corelle (as a gift) with BLACK mugs. Ugh I hate black. But couldn't bring myself to throw it away yet. I use the set for pesach so I don't see it all year.

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Jan 26 2017, 1:06 pm
If they are in perfect condition and never used, why trash it? Let another human enjoy it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics