Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Cuomo helping a Jew like in When Zaidy was Young!

Mevater

Post Fri, Feb 10 2017, 4:19 pm
Cuomo helping a Jew like in When Zaidy was Young!

http://www.theyeshivaworld.com......html

Anything for a few votes!

Nah, maybe Cuomo did this out of the goodness of his big heart, and would have done the same even if there were no cameras!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:29 am
It was a cute story. IIRC he did the chains, etc., himself.
I'm not in NY and don't know the opposition so I can't say it's enough to make me vote for him, but why not take it on face value?

Mevater

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 9:12 am
PinkFridge wrote:
but why not take it on face value?

Im not aware of honest politicians, especially in New York. Theyre all "me and my pocket first".

cnc

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 11:52 am
Mevater wrote:
Im not aware of honest politicians, especially in New York. Theyre all "me and my pocket first".

Why did you need to be honest in order to stop and help someone stuck in the snow?
I can't imagine someone with the ability to help a stranded traveler stopping and only thinking whether or not it'll impact the future election.

When's he up for reelection btw?

Mevater

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:21 pm
You may all be right and I may be wrong about Cuomo wanting to be "nice".

Id love to hear about ANY goodhearted deeds that hes done specifically for obviously religious Jews, with no benefit to him, that didnt make it to the news.

Just because there may be no Imamothers who know of any cases, doesnt mean he hasnt been nice from the goodness of his heart, but were a wide audience of clearly religious New Yorkers on Imamother. Anyone know of anything Cuomo has done privately, with no personal benefit?

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:25 pm
cnc wrote:
Why did you need to be honest in order to stop and help someone stuck in the snow?
I can't imagine someone with the ability to help a stranded traveler stopping and only thinking whether or not it'll impact the future election.

When's he up for reelection btw?

He's also been mentioned as a possible presidential candidate in 2020, but denies it.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:33 pm
Mevater wrote:

Ok, don't think I'm that naive Wink But there is something refreshing.
Back in the day, there were many big name sports figures who were mushchasim, but they did all sorts of stuff like visiting sick kids etc. Yeah, it was for their image but that this was the image they wanted to project is already a madreiga.
So we can give him some props.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 12:45 pm
Mevater wrote:

Id love to hear about ANY goodhearted deeds that hes done specifically for obviously religious Jews, with no benefit to him, that didnt make it to the news.

Just because there may be no Imamothers who know of any cases, doesnt mean he hasnt been nice from the goodness of his heart, but were a wide audience of clearly religious New Yorkers on Imamother. Anyone know of anything Cuomo has done privately, with no personal benefit?

I don't understand your cynicism. Do his motivations matter to the yid who was helped? It was a good deed, and the yungerman now has a story to tell his friends and family.

If you uncover evidence that this was staged, I would join you in your negativity.

For now here are some hugs. Hope you can also see the good in people.

Hug Hug Hug

Mevater

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:51 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Hope you can also see the good in people.

As far as seeing the good in people, imho there are no more noble people in the entire world, than those of Hatzalah and the MANY other Chesed organizations whose members go into it 10000000% for others' benefit, and are ready to jump up and help at a moments notice.

That doesnt make Cuomo bad at all. Just not even close to the Chesed volunteers' level.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 8:57 pm
Mevater wrote:

I'm not a fan of Cuomo but this isn't fair to him. If it's private that's why you don't know about it. Besides the type of favor he might do are things that shouldn't be publicized. Political favors are not intended for publication.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Feb 12 2017, 10:57 pm
Mevater wrote:
As far as seeing the good in people, imho there are no more noble people in the entire world, than those of Hatzalah and the MANY other Chesed organizations whose members go into it 10000000% for others' benefit, and are ready to jump up and help at a moments notice.

That doesnt make Cuomo bad at all. Just not even close to the Chesed volunteers' level.

I don't understand. Just because he doesn't meet the extraordinary level of chesed volunteers he doesn't deserve any recognition for an act of kindness?

Fine, don't give him any credit, but you are insinuating negative intentions for absolutely no reason.

P.S. I don't follow NY politics closely so I know nothing about Mr. Cuomo as a person. It just makes me sad that OP thinks so little of humanity that even a silver cloud must have a black lining.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries