Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
I had fun today!
1  2  Next

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Tue, Sep 11 2007, 11:52 pm
I had a very eventful night today..

I have a spare room in my house that has 2 beds in it, all my silver/china/glass stuff are in boxes, some are on the floor, some are on the spare beds I have in that room.

a little before I moved in (20 months ago) the floor in that room was damaged bec. of a drainage change they had made on the street. the parque floor had to be removed and there was only carpet
when I walked in the room it was a little step down bec. the parque wasn't there. my landlord has told me that supposedely they fixed the problem so I wasn't supposed to have any problems with the room.
A couple of days ago I saw a 4-5 spot on the floor that is wet, and I couldn't figure out where it comes from, I told my landlord about it, but then it seemed ok..
I havent used that room in about 3-4 days, I don't keep much there and don't go in often.. well, today I wanted to put s/thing away there, I wasn't wearing socks or shoes and didnt look, and I feel like I'm walking into a pool, I pick up my eyes and see that the whole room from end to end is about 5 inches deep filled with water..

Luckily for me, because there is no parque, the water was contained in that room, but if I wouldn't have noticed it, in another bit the water would be all over the house, bec. it was at the brim of the door already.
I quickly called my landlord and ask her to come down and have a look..
she and her husband both came down to have a look, they both gave such a gasp, they were so shocked, they remembered that I told them a couple of days ago, but everything seemed ok then..
so first they called Mitzilei Aish, the local jewish fire department here in Monroe, they came right away, about ten guys or more.. but they couldn't even walk into the room, to try to see where the water is coming from. so first they bought a vaccum and pipe and started pumping out the water outside my door, into my drain.. when the water was a little less, they tried going in but still couldn't find out where it's from, no other place in my house was wet, and it wasn't from the ceiling either..
after about an hour and a half of pumping, it occured to s/one to check my boiler room, which also houses my landlords tank, and sure enough, there was a leak in my landlords tank.. and the water was running from there through a hole into the spare room.. so they locked off the valve, now my landlord has no hot water and will need a new pump, luckily they will be in BP over yom tov so it's not that big of a problem for them..
the fire dept. guys were here for 2 hours.. they pumped all they could but there's still lots of water, that is too loo for the pump to catch it.
now I need to call a flood technician and have the carpet removed, and all the mold... yuck....

There are sooo many Hashgacha Pratis that happened here.

1. the room has no parque and therefore, it was contained in the room
2. bec. I noticed it now and not 2 days later when the whole house would have been flooded.
3. Not much stuff was on the floor so not too much damage to things.
4. they came right away to take care of it.
5. it occured to them to check the boiler, if they wouldn't check it, it would still be leaking and pouring water here..

May this be mechaper on all the sins I did.
and may this be the worst problem I ever have (Not had, bec. that would be a lie)

so this is how I spent my night.. watching a couple of guys pump water out of my basement..

there's still work to be done, my landlord has no hot water, will need a new tank, and I'll need to have the carpet removed and the room cleaned and fixed..

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 12:10 am
You do look at the bright side of everything , don't you?
Have a Git Gebencht yur! And may the year to come bring you lots of Bracha!

Bzgirl

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 12:27 am
Wow sounds like fun! Just curious, Is your landlord helping you pay for the carpet and mold removal?

ILOVELIFE

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 12:28 am
purple-- what a story!!! Some hashgachas pratis and what a positive attitude!!!

A git gebentched yuhr to you!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 1:02 am
Ok, NOW I'M MAD..
OBVIOUSLY, SOMEONE HAS MY PASSWORD AND SIGNED IN WITH MY NAME.. TO POST THE FIRST REPLY.. THAT WASN'T ME..
AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO BETRAYED ME.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 1:05 am
I hope she will pay, it's after all, her tank that leaked, not mine..

hila

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 1:05 am
I promise it wasnt me ! (I dont do yiddish)

But you should get in the habit of changing your password now and OFTEN !

Does seem strange though. Haqve you checked "your" other posts recently ? Maybe it is a bug/glitch

Shana Tova

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 1:19 am
I think this is the first time it happened.
I could check with one of my friends who dosent post anymore but is still a member..
I might have told her my password, if it's her, I'm not that mad.. but if s/one else did it.. I wanna know how they know my password.. and why they would post as me..

I wouldnt talk to myself like that.. why would I wish myself a good year??

how does such a bug or glitch happen?? seems very strange to me..

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 1:22 am
and hila, if it was posted with my name of course it will show up in my recent posts..

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 1:26 am
yes, Hila, it shows up with my posts.. Im not surprised..

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 1:40 am
Ok, s/one told me that it was her but she also dosent know how it happened. she replied normally with her name..
takke must be a glitch, I'll ask the mods about it..

sorry everyone for yelling..
I'm not mad anymore.

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 1:49 pm
hm ... how exactly is that FUN?!?!?!

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 2:14 pm
I was just trying to put a positive spin on it.. I hope that's ok.
I also wanted the title to attract e/one to read it.

Blossom

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 2:22 pm
Purple Rox, you're pretty good if you can call that fun Very Happy !!

Wishing you and everyone else a Gut Gebentchte Yur!!!

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 2:26 pm
positive is really the best way to deal with things..

everything happens for a reason Smile

Plus didn't u say there was a problem with the floor anyways, now IY"H it will get fixed nicely Smile

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 3:08 pm
You have such a wonderful, positive outlook, may I have the zechus to be like you! I had bath water going into my kitchen and needless to say I have not been nearly as positive.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Sep 12 2007, 4:04 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
You have such a wonderful, positive outlook, may I have the zechus to be like you! I had bath water going into my kitchen and needless to say I have not been nearly as positive.

Well, maybe that's only bec. I had very little damage..
had it been worse, I doubt I'd be this positive, I'd be kicking, screaming, tearing my hair out.. probably.. I know myself..
If you'd known me you'd know that I'm a huge pessimist..

ny21

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 8:09 pm
A mod in the past changed my title to a thread , and once posted a thread
under my name that I did not write , but I think she is not on this site
any longer. I doubt it if someone has you'r password.

greenfire

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 9:24 pm
maybe it was the firemen ...

Mimisinger

Post Sat, Sep 15 2007, 9:35 pm
I printed out this thread and read it as a d'var torah to dh
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics