Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Eyeglasses fashion

ectomorph

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 2:05 pm
I am getting new glasses. What is in style?

I love frameless but I don't want to look like Elizabeth Warren... Do you think I can get away with it?

I see people are wearing huge frames. What are they called?

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 2:17 pm
Following- also need new pair of glasses. I hate wearing them, lenses are more comfortable for me, but need to have it as spare!

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 3:56 pm
uch, I HATE the new glasses trend. They make the average girls look ugly and the pretty girls look average. Why would someone want to hide 50% of their face in thick plastic? I do not understand it.

Frameless is so out of style it is pretty nerdy, I wouldn't do that either.

Go to a store and try to find something that is "in the ballpark" of style but you do not need to follow the latest huge round trend.

I personally wear rectangle plastic frames that are slightly bigger than what I wore ten years ago, but nothing crazy. You shouldn't look in the mirror and see mostly glasses, rather, the pair should bring out your bone structure and face shape.

ectomorph

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 4:27 pm
amother wrote:
uch, I HATE the new glasses trend. They make the average girls look ugly and the pretty girls look average. Why would someone want to hide 50% of their face in thick plastic? I do not understand it.

Frameless is so out of style it is pretty nerdy, I wouldn't do that either.

Go to a store and try to find something that is "in the ballpark" of style but you do not need to follow the latest huge round trend.

I personally wear rectangle plastic frames that are slightly bigger than what I wore ten years ago, but nothing crazy. You shouldn't look in the mirror and see mostly glasses, rather, the pair should bring out your bone structure and face shape.
thanks for your straight talk on frameless being nerdy... I will fight the temptation harder.

It's so hard to pick glasses. How do I know if it's bringing out the right thing?

amother
Black

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 4:58 pm
I have these glasses. They're probably not your style. Maybe a wire frame could work for you, something like this.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 5:29 pm
https://www.framesdirect.com/l.....te=73

Ilovemaryland

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 6:38 pm
amother wrote:
I have these glasses. They're probably not your style. Maybe a wire frame could work for you, something like tzhis.

Those D&G look very masculine

amother
Black

Post Thu, Mar 09 2017, 6:51 pm
Ilovemaryland wrote:
Those D&G look very masculine

They're under the 'Women' tab but you're certainly entitled to you opinion. Smile

frugalista

Post Sat, Mar 11 2017, 4:11 pm
I really like the look of large, statement glasses. I think if you want to be trendy but a bit underrated go for large, plastic, clear frames.
Like these
https://www.eyebuydirect.com/e.....17777

ectomorph

Post Sat, Mar 11 2017, 4:33 pm
frugalista wrote:
I really like the look of large, statement glasses. I think if you want to be trendy but a bit underrated go for large, plastic, clear frames.
Like these
https://www.eyebuydirect.com/e.....17777
thanks! Great idea! Happy purim!

frugalista

Post Sat, Mar 11 2017, 4:55 pm
ectomorph wrote:
thanks! Great idea! Happy purim!

Happy Purim Smile

amother
Rose

Post Sat, Mar 11 2017, 9:16 pm
Round Harry Potter style glasses are now very in. Gold-rimmed.

nylon

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 7:27 am
The large glasses trend is AWFUL for those of us who wear thick glasses. If you have a high prescription don't do it. I went slightly larger than I used to so it's a little more trendy, but still not large because my glasses would be an inch thick if I did!

Frameless aren't as in style, but you will always see them because people like the lightness. I know people who have worn Silhouette rimless frames for nearly 20 years. I have a pair (they're my old glasses which are now my backup pair) and they are extremely comfortable.

I recommend going to a good independent optician (not a chain) and trying them on. This is double if you have any issues that constrain your choice of glasses (for example I have high myopia and need progressives, which limits my choice of lens style and shape so I can get small enough lenses with adequate height).

groisamomma

Post Sun, Mar 12 2017, 8:21 am
Don't let a salesperson at the store or office sweet talk you into a pair you have doubts about. After a lot of convincing and telling me how the glasses were practically made for me, I reluctantly ordered them. I regretted it the instant I picked them up. Huge, roundish frames. They look ridiculous on my oval-shaped face and I won't wear them outside my house, ever.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics