Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Grants for at-risk kids

taffy

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 6:43 am
Anyone know of any grants available to help at-risk youth? I need help paying for an at-risk kid's counseling and have already exhausted all help from Bikur Cholims etc. Maybe there are grants out there....

small bean

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 7:36 am
dont know, but my father-in-law does at risk counseling for free and knows many orginizations to help kids at risk. he is supposed to be very good. his name is shmuel gluck and can be reached 914-490-8129

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 9:03 am
the gov't ... I should think ...

taffy

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 9:05 am
small bean, this child is not going to switch to another therapist. I'm just trying to get financial help to be able to continue current treatment.

Yehudis!

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 2:05 pm
Maybe the suggestion where small bean says he knows organizations to help would make it worth a try? Just suggesting.
Hatzlochah

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 3:05 pm
get her on medicaid ... so they pay at the one you are with ...

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 3:20 pm
wow... I have to admit I am in the system with my daughter...

I tried the entire pay for private, and it was great...the therapists were 100% better, and consistant..

But I could not afford it, nor find a grant. So far she has had about 4 different therapists, and I get more and more annoyed..

I wish I could help u but I understand your frustration.. My daughter needs therapy, but it's so hard starting over and over and telling the story over and over to different people every year.

taffy

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 7:28 pm
Medicaid doesn't cover the therapy she's receiving now. This great counselor does not accept any insurance. You want someone good you gotta pay for it.

I took her to a medicaid doc, thought it was so simple to take her away from her therapist she's known for so many years, and she totally did not cooperate, to the point where it was pointless to continue. Made more sense to go back to the self-pay therapist where my child made progress week to week.

Which brings me back to my original question about grants for at-risk kids. Truancy is an issue, as well as eating disorder.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 8:33 pm
http://www.nationaleatingdisor.....D=303

Do a search on google, there are many charities that help people with grant money for therapy... I do not know what state your in..

Michigan has a Children's therapy fund.

etc
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics