Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Chocolate balls?

drumjj

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 2:08 pm
hi does anyone know a good recipe for these? my husband loves them and I dont have a clue how to make them

amother

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 2:19 pm
melt chocolate chips, add same amount of whipped cream, put in fridge, shape into balls when it solidifies and roll into your favorite topings-- cocoa, nuts, confectioners sugar, etc.

drumjj

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 2:23 pm
can u freeze them?

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 2:28 pm
And do you whip the topping first?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 2:32 pm
never tried freezing.

whipping toppings? I use whipped cream from a can and obviously the toppings like cocoa are not whipped. I just put them on a plate and roll the balls into them.

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 2:39 pm
What I meant was if you use the Rich's whipped topping, which comes in a container in liquid form, do you whip it up and fold in with the melted chocolate?

And it's one cup of chocolate chips to one cup whipped cream or is it one cup MELTED chocolate to one cup whipped cream?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 2:45 pm
sorry I never measured so exactly. I just melted choc chips and then squirted in what looked like a similar amount of whipped cream.

if you want a more exact recipe, try googling it.

Chaya4

Post Tue, Sep 18 2007, 3:42 pm
you use the whipping cream in the liquid form. its actually called ganache. when its warm it can be used to cover a cake, etc.
here is a recipe from a different website:

Ganache 101

From Clary

For 1 cup whipping cream: 11 oz. dark chocolate OR 13 oz. milk chocolate OR 15 oz white chocolate. I'm translating from grams, but don't worry, this is not exact science. There have been times when lacking cream I just put chocolate, a chunk of butter and a splash of milk all in the microwave and voila, ganache. (Do you know I have an old recipe book where it says "take a few eggs" How many? Large? Small? It seems it doesn't matter much, once you have the "feeling" of how the texture has to be).

So you put the chocolate and the cream in the microwave and mix with spoon every 30 seconds until smooth Then you add a splash of liqueur (optional) and mix again.

Chill in fridge.
HTH
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins